Who would you trade up for and how much would you be willing to give?

brownie man

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

thats on the GM and DC,  not the player. They had no idea how to use him. I would they greatly dropped the ball on him. He would be great for us as that 3rd safety who can roll between LB and Box safety

That is what JOK does. Collins is a projection.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

That is what JOK does. Collins is a projection.

thats if we want JOK for that role. Collins could be the true LB who stays on the field. where the Browns run dime type looks the majority of the time. I would take zaven over our Lbs at a skill level.

also think the point is Collins does has a true position and its LB but he has the ability to be an edge guy. he could be a great guy to have as LB on 1st and 2nd and maybe make him a rusher on obvious passing downs. 

i would def say he isnt a positionless player. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

thats if we want JOK for that role. Collins could be the true LB who stays on the field. where the Browns run dime type looks the majority of the time. I would take zaven over our Lbs at a skill level.

also think the point is Collins does has a true position and its LB but he has the ability to be an edge guy. he could be a great guy to have as LB on 1st and 2nd and maybe make him a rusher on obvious passing downs. 

i would def say he isnt a positionless player. 

I like what Collins could bring, and he definitely has the skill set of a LB despite the size,  it I’m not gonna lie, hitting 270 was a huge red flag for me.

Dude is still just 21 and will continue to fill out.  If he’s already 270, or able to hit 270 that easily, wtf is he gonna be by the end of his rookie deal?

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Collins looks like a perfect 3-4 OLB imo.

This. Between the FO's tendencies (no LB's in the first couple rounds) and his ideal scheme alignment, I'm 90% he's gonna be off our draft board. Sorry to all the Zaven lovers.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like what Collins could bring, and he definitely has the skill set of a LB despite the size,  it I’m not gonna lie, hitting 270 was a huge red flag for me.

Dude is still just 21 and will continue to fill out.  If he’s already 270, or able to hit 270 that easily, wtf is he gonna be by the end of his rookie deal?

think about it this way. Garrett is 6'4 271. Collins is 6'5 270. So I dont think he is way too big LB. Just crazy to think about guy that big playing LB, even when he was 6'5 250/260. You also look at him and he doesnt look that built, so he prolly has some room for good weight that wont hurt him

I think he went for 270, so he could show teams, at 270, at his pro day, that he can still move and not be hurt being bigger, so he could be labeled as an edge guy, to be able to make more money. 

Feel like if a team drafts him to be a Mike in a 4/3 or an ILB for the 3/4 that he would slim down.

I like Collins but I just dont think he fits this team unless they try and make him a DE. At least he could be brought a long because of the current depth on that at DE

Collins is a linebacker.  He may have rushed the passer, but he played linebacker.

If you want to draft an edge, draft an edge.  Payton Turner is almost identical in size to Collins, and actually has longer arms.  He also played the position his entire football career at DE.  If the plan is to use Collins at DE, then I'd rather have Turner.  I could even be talked into him at 26.  

• Like 3