Colts Forum draft talk thread

Wyld Stallyns

6 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Colts select DE Kwity Paye Michigan 

Something wrong with Darrisaw? 

I doubt it. My second evaluation of his tape dropped him a smidge. Still 1st round worthy. 

I sort of saw Paye coming though. Our DE's just aren't elite rushers. He has a chance to be. 

Small surprise, but I'm not upset. Like that kid too.

Edited by RTTRUTH

Been thinking about how this plays out.

First Team // Lewis - Buckner - Stewart - Turay 

Second Team // Paye - Rochell - Stallworth - Muhammed 

Third Team // Williams - Windsor - Brown - Banogu 

That leaves Kameron Cline 

Passing downs 

Paye - Lewis - Buckner - Turay 

Muhammed also a possible first rotation guy as well. 

As a Wolverine fan, I'm always happy when the Colts drafts someone from Big Blue.  I do wish Houston were still on the team though, I see Houston and Paye having very similar playing styles, strengths and weaknesses and I think paye could learn a lot from Houston.  Oh well, I like the draft pick and hopefully Colts can now land Rudnz or Eichenberg in the 2nd.

3 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

As a Wolverine fan, I'm always happy when the Colts drafts someone from Big Blue.  I do wish Houston were still on the team though, I see Houston and Paye having very similar playing styles, strengths and weaknesses and I think paye could learn a lot from Houston.  Oh well, I like the draft pick and hopefully Colts can now land Rudnz or Eichenberg in the 2nd.

I'm less than pleased, but being a buckeye doesn't factor in! Paye has a long way to go before being an effective pass rusher, and lack of production in that area. Obviously eye-popping physical numbers.

Additionally I felt offensive tackle was the bigger spot on the team to address, especially with Darrisaw still on the board.

2 hours ago, ColtV said:

I'm less than pleased, but being a buckeye doesn't factor in! Paye has a long way to go before being an effective pass rusher, and lack of production in that area. Obviously eye-popping physical numbers.

Additionally I felt offensive tackle was the bigger spot on the team to address, especially with Darrisaw still on the board.

I don't usually get too wanged if the Colts draft someone else when I player I really liked was on the board.  I think Paye will suprise a lot of people, especially as the season goes on.  I don't think his impact will be like Freeney, but I this his season will be like Freeney's rookie season... meaning, I think each week he will see more an more snaps, start making some impact plays around week 4 and take over the starting job by week 8 or 9.  He is a guy with a high football IQ and he loves the game, loves all the preparation, loves putting in the work to make himself better.  I think if the Wolverines had played a full season he would have been considered a top 15 pick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Tackles are flying off the board now. 8 picks to go. 
Cosmi, Radunz, Mayfield, Christianson still available 

One of these 4 will be available, but possibly WRs Terence Marshall, Dyami Brown, every TE and DT Daviyon Nixon