Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

Ok I may be a Boston fan but I call it like I see it. D Mitchell is going to be really good. Like DSJ. Ben Simons still looks like the favorite for ROY. Tatum I still believe will be the best player in this draft. 6-9 today while Boston NEVER actually runs a play for him. 

Lonzo is proving early on like he has bust potential all over him (IMO)

Markkanen looks like he might end up the best shooter of this draft.

will update some others as I watch some league pass replay.

Josh Jackson with 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 steals tonight in 23 minutes. Shot 3-11. 

On 1 hand, I like that he's fearless and has that aggressiveness in him. On the other hand, the game is still moving a little fast for him. He missed a lot of layups too but overall he was *okay* tonight. 

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Josh Jackson with 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 steals tonight in 23 minutes. Shot 3-11. 

On 1 hand, I like that he's fearless and has that aggressiveness in him. On the other hand, the game is still moving a little fast for him. He missed a lot of layups too but overall he was *okay* tonight. 

JJ had some concern over his "less than perfect" shooting mechanics coming out. Do you feel it is a legit concern or just young growing pains that will be corrected?

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

JJ had some concern over his "less than perfect" shooting mechanics coming out. Do you feel it is a legit concern or just young growing pains that will be corrected?

Yeah I mean his jumpshot looks ugly but he's actually been decent from 3 so far going 7-19 (37%).

Most of his misses tonight were at the rim forcing up tough layups against bigs in the paint. He needs to add strength. Overall his offense has actually been a little better than I expected and I'm happy where he's at so far. 

He's also shown the ability to be a good playmaker. Check out this dime from our last game...

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

His 3PT shot is fine. Shooting 38% so far. It does mess with his pull up I think, unless he gets a clean step back like he does occasionally. 

3 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Yeah I mean his jumpshot looks ugly but he's actually been decent from 3 so far going 7-19 (37%).

Most of his misses tonight were at the rim forcing up tough layups against bigs in the paint. He needs to add strength. Overall his offense has actually been a little better than I expected and I'm happy where he's at so far. 

He's also shown the ability to be a good playmaker. Check out this dime from our last game...

I do believe JJ was considered the best passing NON PG of the draft.

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

His 3PT shot is fine. Shooting 38% so far. It does mess with his pull up I think, unless he gets a clean step back like he does occasionally. 

I said it before and I will say it again, the fight in Chicago was the best thing that happened all year. It forced Markkansen's role to jump up far greater. And he is delivering. Like most rookies he needs to gain some muscle though.

Archived