Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

On 10/28/2017 at 10:18 PM, DalCowboyzRule said:

Josh Jackson with 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 steals tonight in 23 minutes. Shot 3-11. 

On 1 hand, I like that he's fearless and has that aggressiveness in him. On the other hand, the game is still moving a little fast for him. He missed a lot of layups too but overall he was *okay* tonight. 

Dude has that dog in him which I like. Evan Turner gave it to him a few times and then towards the end of the game, he started to strip him and played great defense. He could get to the rack but struggles to finish at the rim right now. It sucks, because Booker isn't a great finisher either. That is the reason why he will continue being a 42-43% shooter. If he improved his ability to finish at the rim, that number jumps up to 45-46%. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Ok I may be a Boston fan but I call it like I see it. D Mitchell is going to be really good. Like DSJ. Ben Simons still looks like the favorite for ROY. Tatum I still believe will be the best player in this draft. 6-9 today while Boston NEVER actually runs a play for him. 

Lonzo is proving early on like he has bust potential all over him (IMO)

Markkanen looks like he might end up the best shooter of this draft.

will update some others as I watch some league pass replay.

Okay what's the logic behind Tatum being better than Simmons down the line? He's a better shooter? Giannis is doing just fine without it. Because it's really not close right now and the rarer talent is Simmons by a landslide.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Okay what's the logic behind Tatum being better than Simmons down the line? He's a better shooter? Giannis is doing just fine without it. Because it's really not close right now and the rarer talent is Simmons by a landslide.

Well for one, Simmons wasn't in this draft class..so...

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Well for one, Simmons wasn't in this draft class..so...

How does that address my question?

EDIT: I may have jumped the gun on that. Guess I'll await his response to see.

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Ok for starters, despite different draft classes, I was still comparing both the same year. I like JT better as a long term prospect for these reasons. JT still has a body of a teenager (he is) and hasn't had time (like Simmons) to bulk up. Once he does, I believe JT has the potential to be not just an elite scorer and shooter but also has the best chance of becoming one of ELITE and rare 2 way players in this league. He does some things naturally well that I believe can't be taught stemming from an inner confidence. Simmons on the other hand, is already physically a beast and certainly a better play-maker (and will always be) But my hesitation comes more from my defining what a "broken shot' is compared to "Needs to get better shot" Players like Giannis/ Lebron came into this league with good mechanics and flow overall but just needed to work, while players like Rondo/ MKG just to name a few find it hard to improve much despite years of working. I guess I feel BS is more likely to go like that 2nd group than the first. 

Overall Simmons does have a VERY HIGH ceiling. My comparison is a Magic Johnson "type". That alone makes BS a stud. But my overall thinking is that JT will also be a stud, but his ability to make big shots in crunch time (projections of course) in what will be a career of big games for both makes me happy and confident that JT will 'turn out to be the best player" of this very talented rookie group.

But absolutely have NO PROBLEM with anyone thinking BS will be the better player long term. He is a beast of a talent. But I like JT.

Jonathon Isaac is already looking elite on defense. Seems to have 1 or 2 monster blocks every game whether it's off help defense or on his man. He has very quick feet, is super long with good hands and moves very fluently, I can't recall him getting beat on defense yet. Loving what I'm seeing from him so far, he just needs to bulk up so he wont get pushed around in the paint

Archived