Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

Kuzma not getting enough love on here averaging 16.5 ppg and 6.8 rpg.

Tell you what Kuzman at this moment, and I don't expect a change, looks like a top 3 player, not just now, but as a long term talent. I try not to focus on PPG because some rookies have a far greater usage rate than others at this early stage. But instead I look closer at actually ability in games. Kuzman is a definite top 3 TALENT in this years class. And this is coming from a Boston fan/Laker hater. But I tell it like I see it.

What is up with all these so-called NBA front office/scouts/GM that let players like Kuz, slip that far down. This is what they are supposed to do for a living. I swear it seems sometimes they are not better than most of us on here. 

My top 3 rookies BTW are obvious Simmons, Tatum, and Kuzman. Basis for me is overall impact potential, versatility and ability to be a 2 way star. Kuzman looks like he can guard and play any of the 2-3-4 man spots easy.

7 hours ago, viks4life said:

Not sure anyone is aware that Donovan Mitchell is shooting 38% from the field on almost 15 attempts/game. He's just a chucker right now.

I have noticed that. The only thing above the "green light" is the "blue light" and he seems to have it from the coaching staff. He is still young and maybe he will learn to take better shots. If not he is just another high volume shooter/scorer.

15 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

What is up with all these so-called NBA front office/scouts/GM that let players like Kuz, slip that far down. This is what they are supposed to do for a living. I swear it seems sometimes they are not better than most of us on here. 

to be fair he was a 30% 3PT shooter in college

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

to be fair he was a 30% 3PT shooter in college

I have seen many times where a college coach will "oppress" a player with too much structure and not enough freedom. I don't know about Utah, still Kuzman has too much of a natural flowing shot, that someone should have noticed. Plus there were pre-draft workouts etc.

Wow, I love Tatum and have obviously expressed this thought.  But announcers just said Tatum is 6th in ALL the NBA in FG% in the all important 4th quarter (big stat for me) Top 10 in 3 point FG% while being #2 in ALL the NBA in plus minus (not as big for me) One of the better defensive  players. Crazy how most say it's Simmons, and it's not even close. 

Apples to Oranges in comparison, IMO,  but Tatum for me all day.

On 11/24/2017 at 6:52 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Wow, I love Tatum and have obviously expressed this thought.  But announcers just said Tatum is 6th in ALL the NBA in FG% in the all important 4th quarter (big stat for me) Top 10 in 3 point FG% while being #2 in ALL the NBA in plus minus (not as big for me) One of the better defensive  players. Crazy how most say it's Simmons, and it's not even close. 

Apples to Oranges in comparison, IMO,  but Tatum for me all day.

Come on. Simmons is better and it’s not even close.

Archived