Flowers back to WFT for late round pick swap

Emerica

4 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

God I hope not, we really need an edge rusher, I wouldn’t mind 3 outta 4 but we really only need 1 offensive lineman a whether that be T or C idk which one, seems like tackle might be the one they want to get to push Hunt into guard, or maybe they take a cent and still kick Hunt inside and use Davis or Fluker at RT. Look for Josh Meyers in the third round, I’d like that pick a lot.

I wish Meinertz wouldn't have jacked up his stock so much.  He would have been a really good 3rd round pick, IMO.  

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I wish Meinertz wouldn't have jacked up his stock so much.  He would have been a really good 3rd round pick, IMO.  

I mean you never really know, maybe some teams are grading him as a 3rd round pick since he’s still so raw, and maybe they have Meyers as a 2nd. You just never know what’s gonna happen in the draft and it’s totally possible that he could fall to us in the third. I also think Dickerson is gonna fall really far due to his injury history but if he does I woulnt mind us taking him if he does fall and we focus on other positions higher in the draft.

33 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Hopefully we trade back a bit if Chase and Pitts are gone. Maybe we shoulda stayed at 3.

This is what I am hoping for anyway.  I've been very vocal about Chase not being the best fit for what this team already has.  Pitts is such a unique talent that he obviously should get some preference, but I like both Smith and Waddle's games better for the Miami offense than Chase's.  Trade back to 7, 8, or 9; gather more picks/players to fill holes; still take Smith/Waddle/Sewell.

1 hour ago, Phinsesq said:

I like it, provided Chase and Pitts are gone and they can't move back, I can justify taking Sewell at 6 as opposed to Waddle or Smith and addressing WR at 18. 

If we don’t take a pass catcher as 6 I would rather wait till 36 or 50 to take Elijah Moore, I think we would have to take him at 36 though because his stock has gone up a lot since he ran a 4.35 40. But ya i feel like Bateman, Toney, and Marshall are too similar to the WR we already have. To be completely honest, if we don’t take a pass catcher at 6 I wouldn’t mind if the dolphins didn’t take a catcher until say the 5th round and then we take a guy like Cade Johnson. I know that’s not probable but I just think our receiving core is pretty decent. Fuller obviously has injury concerns but we still have Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, and the rookies from last year who could be decent.

Edited by Jdolphins18

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

This is what I am hoping for anyway.  I've been very vocal about Chase not being the best fit for what this team already has.  Pitts is such a unique talent that he obviously should get some preference, but I like both Smith and Waddle's games better for the Miami offense than Chase's.  Trade back to 7, 8, or 9; gather more picks/players to fill holes; still take Smith/Waddle/Sewell.

I agree with what your saying about Chase so much, his game is similar to most of the WR’s we already have so that’s why I think we should take Smith because he is a totally different style of play than any WR we already have.

3 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

If we don’t take a pass catcher as 6 I would rather wait till 36 or 50 to take Elijah Moore, I think we would have to take him at 36 though because his stock has gone up a lot since he ran a 4.35 40. But ya i feel like Bateman, Toney, and Marshall are too similar to the WR we already have. To be completely honest, if we don’t take a pass catcher at 6 I wouldn’t mind if the dolphins didn’t take a catcher until say the 5th round and then we take a guy like Cade Johnson. I know that’s not probable but I just think our receiving core is pretty decent. Fuller obviously has injury concerns but we still have Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, and the rookies from last year who could be decent.

Toney is very different from any WR we currently have on the roster.  He’s a tackle breaking machine that’s most effective in the slot.  He reminds me of a faster Jarvis Landry..........very good at getting separation underneath and creating a lot of YAC.

Edited by Swampbilly

With the OLine moves we have recently made I firmly believe Sewll and Slater are now in play for us at 6, and if we go pass catcher at 6 then I expect to see Darrisaw or Jenkins at 18.  I also expect to see us draft a Center in round 2 with Creed Humphrey being the preference.