Flowers back to WFT for late round pick swap

Emerica

23 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Interesting. Thought he was a goner after next season but I guess with the addition of DJ Fluker they wanted to move out a guy this year.

Before the draft what is the starting oline looking like for you all? Is oline an option at 6 or 18? Considering the amount of money you guys spent on flowers kind of surprised by the move was he that bad?

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Before the draft what is the starting oline looking like for you all? Is oline an option at 6 or 18? Considering the amount of money you guys spent on flowers kind of surprised by the move was he that bad?

1.  Oline right now is probably   Austin Jackson/D.J. Fluker or Soloman Kindley/Matt Skura/Fluker or Kindley or Jesse Davis/Robert Hunt

2.  I would imagine Sewell is in the mix at 6, and one of the OTs would be in play at 18 if the right one dropped.  A C will almost surely be added in the draft, and likely in the top 50, IMO.

3.  He was the very definition of mediocre and is paid like a top 10 OG in the game.  It's just a simple matter of being more efficient with the cap.  Fluker or Kindley could very easily supply the same production as Flowers for a fraction of the cost.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Interesting. Thought he was a goner after next season but I guess with the addition of DJ Fluker they wanted to move out a guy this year.

Deal makes a ton of sense.  Miami needed to make moves before June 1 to sign draft pick and practice squad.  This move alone allows them to do that.

This also shows how the organization feels about Kindley.  I still think Grant or Wilson get traded/cut.  Several teams need to trade/release guys to get enough cap room to sign draft picks.  There will be some talent on the street post June 1 and also late August/Early September.  Grier and Flores will want flexibility to sign some guys they need to plug holes and add depth.

So much for not taking O-line in the 1st rd, hmph. Now it's prolly Receiver at 6 and O-line at 18.

I wanted RB Harris but after this new O-line situation, doesn't seem realistic. Unless they stay with playmakers in Rd 1 and go O-line later. 

Two more days, come on draft hurry up. 

20 minutes ago, FinSting said:

So much for not taking O-line in the 1st rd, hmph. Now it's prolly Receiver at 6 and O-line at 18.

I wanted RB Harris but after this new O-line situation, doesn't seem realistic. Unless they stay with playmakers in Rd 1 and go O-line later. 

Two more days, come on draft hurry up. 

I think there's a higher probability but I don't think its necessarily a foregone conclusion. I think Kindley takes Flowers' spot and Fluker/Davis fight for the RG spot. If we grab a C early on, Skura could end up being pushed to G where he's played in the past or end up being depth. If we end up grabbing a RT early, Hunt probably kicks in to RG and Fluker/Davis are our depth.

I think there's a lot of possibilities with our current unit and I don't think we need to grab a tackle in the first two rounds again but it certainly is a possibility now.

13 minutes ago, Emerica said:

I think there's a higher probability but I don't think its necessarily a foregone conclusion. I think Kindley takes Flowers' spot and Fluker/Davis fight for the RG spot. If we grab a C early on, Skura could end up being pushed to G where he's played in the past or end up being depth. If we end up grabbing a RT early, Hunt probably kicks in to RG and Fluker/Davis are our depth.

I think there's a lot of possibilities with our current unit and I don't think we need to grab a tackle in the first two rounds again but it certainly is a possibility now.

The Twitterverse said Fins were moving Hunt to Guard. After about 20 stories the past 12 months saying the Fins might "kick Hunt inside" they seem ready to...kick Hunt inside. Played-out phrase is played out. 

So if Fluker is the likely RT, and on a one-year deal...Fins need a new young Tackle. 

(Kick Jackson to RT, the new phrase?) Haha

40 minutes ago, FinSting said:

The Twitterverse said Fins were moving Hunt to Guard. After about 20 stories the past 12 months saying the Fins might "kick Hunt inside" they seem ready to...kick Hunt inside. 

Smoke-blowing to think we’re taking Sewell.

Ok, after the Flowers trade I'm starting to think we might actually take two o-lineman in our top 5 picks. It feels like #18 might be Darrisaw or Jenkins, and then a center in round 2 or 3.

Is it possible we would go Offense with our top 4 picks?

6 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Ok, after the Flowers trade I'm starting to think we might actually take two o-lineman in our top 5 picks. It feels like #18 might be Darrisaw or Jenkins, and then a center in round 2 or 3.

This is what I have wanted even before the trade so I would be happy.

10 hours ago, Deadeye said:

God I hope not, we really need an edge rusher, I wouldn’t mind 3 outta 4 but we really only need 1 offensive lineman a whether that be T or C idk which one, seems like tackle might be the one they want to get to push Hunt into guard, or maybe they take a cent and still kick Hunt inside and use Davis or Fluker at RT. Look for Josh Meyers in the third round, I’d like that pick a lot.