A fix for our defense?

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Really good. Quarters coverage isn't working out we need to just play C3 base and switch it up with man.

IIRC, Bates pretty much played quarters coverage a lot and got him run out of town by Rah.   I'm very concerned about this defense after reading the quotes this week.  Smith has to change and get the players to buy in quickly.   They are just so bad if almost every aspect of defense.

with spence out on IR i dont really see that much incentive to switch TBH , itsnot like we have another guy that can get after it standing up from an OLB position , i mean who can we really put as an OLB now ? ? glanton ? no , ayers? no  , bond ? maybe if he was EVER healthy

if we did i'd be all for it , we have an abundance of DT / 5tec prospects, baker , gholston , ayers, stevie t, mccoy, mcdonald

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Interesting stuff. I'm one of those guys who thinks Carl Lawson would have been a better pick because you know a DE is what we need. However, with Beckwith versatility to play some stand up OLB I'm willing to give it a try. He was able to generate some pressure off the edge in the games he has went after it. We already know he can stuff the run at POA. We'll see how this experiment plays out rest of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived