DAY 2: ROUNDS 2 AND 3

Karnage84

Who do you guys want and who do you think will be the Lions selections today (Rounds 2 and 3).

BR just released a day 2 mock. If I wasn't already going to drink (because the draft is really the Lions' Super Bowl), I will now if things fall as BR projects. 

Just a reminder, 

Rd 1 - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

BR

Round 2 - Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

Round 3 - Brenden Jaimes, OT, Nebraska

Call me crazy.. but the 3rd round seems a bit high for a swing tackle when we already have (checks roster) - Taylor Decker, Penei Sewell, Tyrell Crosby, Matt Nelson... NFL.com has him ranked as a 5th round prospect. 

Round 3 (from LAR) - Aaron Banks, IOL, Notre Dame

I get it.. again.. the Lions haven't done anything to warrant a lot of attention but even then, this is almost worse than lazy writing. Where are you planning on playing Jaimes? Banks? Are they suggesting that we'd trade Decker even after we just signed him to a 4 year extension? That we'd basically have an OL consisting of 3 rookies, Ragnow and Jackson? 

B/R is awful. I have no doubts a blind monkey shooting darts could land better picks then B/R.

A few scenarios keep me guessing.

2. Terrace Marshall WR LSU

3. Jamar Johnson S Indiana

3. Daviyon Nixon IDL Iowa

2. Trevon Moehrig S TCU

3. Jabril Cox LB LSU

3. Amari Rodgers WR Clemson

2. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame

3. Quinn Meinerz IOL Wisconsin

3. Ifeatu Melifonwu | CB | Syracuse

39 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

B/R is awful. I have no doubts a blind monkey shooting darts could land better picks then B/R.

2. Trevon Moehrig S TCU

3. Jabril Cox LB LSU

I'll take the bolded.  That would shore up the O line, MLB, and add a solid DT to the mix.  Would go nuts if it falls this way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'll take the bolded.  That would shore up the O line, MLB, and add a solid DT to the mix.  Would go nuts if it falls this way. 

After seeing some chatter on twitter from different teams, I think one of JOK, Moehrig, Holland, Cox, Samuel, Marshall, Basham, E. Moore will be available at #41. Just shifting through all the different scenarios makes me giddy. If Holmes/Dorsey/Campbell hit on these three picks tonight, Lions will be in good shape. If JOK/Moehrig are off the board at #41, I wouldn't mind trading #41 for two of Minnys 3rds. This draft is DEEP!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

How about

2. JOK

3. Browning/Cox

3c. Eskridge 

or 

2. JOK

3. D. Brown/R.Moore 

3c. Eskridge 

4. Werner

or

2. Boogie

3. Browning/Cox

3c. Cisco

4. Werner

Rondale Moore in the 3rd would be amazing value. I just don't think he lasts that long. He's too dynamic/athletic. I would love the bolded though.

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

2. Trevon Moehrig S TCU

3. Jabril Cox LB LSU

Scenario 1 is really nice. I wouldn't mind Nixon in the 2nd if my top 2 are gone so to get him in the 3rd would be a steal. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

2. Trevon Moehrig S TCU

3. Jabril Cox LB LSU

This would be my preferred situation. Love Cox and Rodgers. Moehrig is considered to be the best S (although I'm higher on Grant) but that would be a few of my favourite players who all address key needs. 

I think Moehrig is going to the Jags with the first pick.  After that I think the Williams from UNC and a run on OL will be the first half of round 2.  There might be a run on CBs too as I think there's about 3-4 quality CBs left.  I think the big run on WRs will really go at the end of the round beginning of round 3.

If I had to guess, I think Jags take Tyson Campbell CB, Jets takes Azeez Ojulari, Falcons like Levi Onwuzurike, Miami tried to trade up last night for a RB, they get Javonte Williams at 36. Then you have a few teams who have the same needs as the Lions (WR, LB, S) but could take OL. Of course, any team can move up as well. 

• Like 1

So who’s #1 on your best available board?  Jags are looking to move down little time to negotiate what if any would be your best offer to go up and get him?

For me I would have been content getting JOK as a top 20 pick.  I also view him as more than just a good lber or best lber on the board.  He is a defensive weapon that can change the schematics of the game. Not only change them but in a unique manner, meaning it’s not just another good pass rusher your going to encounter every other week but a unique weapon an offensive play caller won’t see very often.  I see him as a bigger Derwin James or some kind of cross between James and Ryan Shazior.   TVC says 41 and the comp pick should get it done and you d be willing to add in another later pick as well since I view the player as greater value than 33.  If there asking for 2nd and 3rd I probably need at least some mid round or a future pick back to make it work

I used Fanspeak to do a quick mock and get an idea of who might be available at 41 and beyond.

33 - JAC - Azeez Ojulari

34 - NYJ - Tyson Campbell

35 - ATL - Asante Samuel Jr

36 - MIA - Christian Barmore

37 - PHI - Teven Jenkins

38 - CIN - JOK

39 - CAR - Wyatt Davis

40 - DEN - Jalen Mayfield

I selected at #41 - Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU (#1/#2 S, depending on your board)

#7 - Penei Sewell, OT

#41 - Trevon Moehrig, S

#72 - Jabril Cox, LB

101 - Amari Rodgers, WR

112 - Jay Tufele, DT

153 - Trill Williams, CB