DAY 2: ROUNDS 2 AND 3

Karnage84

31 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I love this draft so far. Love the players and the positions.

I’m pretty much with you. I wouldn’t say I love it, but relieved that someone finally is going to focus on both sides of the trenches. Others on this board have way better insight on players than I do, but when I read high motor, gets penetration, could have been a top 15 pick if he played next year, and he plays in the trench; then to me that’s an awesome round 2 pick. We are still picking for potential and not the finished product.

• Like 1

I love that they are going BPA.  I really like that the realize this is going to be a rough year and reaching for need is dumb.  I like all the players except I wasn't a big fan of Levi.  I didn't watch a ton of him so I have to go back and watch some more.  He's the only pick I really don't like from a player available standpoint.  I was a big fan of McNeil and every mock I did I always added him late 3rd early 4th so it's a bit of a reach.

Other than our 2nd pick my only complaint is that I think they didn't play the board well.  The drop off in talent at DT is minimal here in my opinion vs other positions.  Just think they could have maximized it better.

Having said that i'm excited for the season.  I haven't been able to say that for a few years

9 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

...my only complaint is that I think they didn't play the board well.  The drop off in talent at DT is minimal here in my opinion vs other positions.  Just think they could have maximized it better.

Having said that i'm excited for the season.  I haven't been able to say that for a few years

Exactly.

No one is knocking the players or their talent. It was just not the best value after staying BPA was your priority. 

32 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Exactly.

No one is knocking the players or their talent. It was just not the best value after staying BPA was your priority. 

I guess this is where you and I just disagree. If they placed a 1st round grade on Levi and got him in the second round, then it very well may be the lions had him as the bpa on their board.

with McNeill, I’ve heard it said he was a second round value and they got him in the third. He may have been the bpa on the lions board at the time of the pick.

holmes has said, “this is how the board fell” so it sounds like this was their bpa. If that is the case it’s very fortunate for us it was on the dL.

now if we are arguing our board vs their board, which to me is what it sounds like, then I think that’s different. Let’s just then say they can’t evaluate talent or question their ability to do so. 

Edited by LionArkie

7 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Looking at our roster... Both those are about are biggest needs.

What do you think about Cade Johnson in the slot? An why doesn't anyone talk about him more? Just cause he was at South Dakota? Major production for two years. Excellent special teams... 

I think this kid is going way under the radar... Idk how fast he ran but somethings wrong here where he's not getting noticed much.

Cade seems like a solid Day 3 slot guy. Polished and reliable. He just isn't a guy who jumps off the screen athletically. 

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Cade seems like a solid Day 3 slot guy. Polished and reliable. He just isn't a guy who jumps off the screen athletically. 

If I'm taking another slot WR I'm taking Shi Smith.  I think he's a really good slot WR prospect.

5 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I guess this is where you and I just disagree. If they placed a 1st round grade on Levi and got him in the second round, then it very well may be the lions had him as the bpa on their board.

with McNeill, I’ve heard it said he was a second round value and they got him in the third. He may have been the bpa on the lions board at the time of the pick.

holmes has said, “this is how the board fell” so it sounds like this was their bpa. If that is the case it’s very fortunate for us it was on the dL.

now if we are arguing our board vs their board, which to me is what it sounds like, then I think that’s different. Let’s just then say they can’t evaluate talent or question their ability to do so. 

Not to mention: Holmes said that he tried to trade up in the draft to secure Levi. They must've had a high grade on him.

I love that this DLine has been completely revamped in one off-season. I grew so tired of watching teams gash us up the middle all year last year, and guys like Brockers, Levi and Alim should turn that around in a hurry. With Flowers and Okwara on the outside, this might prove to be one of the best DLines we've had in a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Not to mention: Holmes said that he tried to trade up in the draft to secure Levi. They must've had a high grade on him.

I love that this DLine has been completely revamped in one off-season. I grew so tired of watching teams gash us up the middle all year last year, and guys like Brockers, Levi and Alim should turn that around in a hurry. With Flowers and Okwara on the outside, this might prove to be one of the best DLines we've had in a long time.

Hmmm... Idk bud, you were around to watch it with me.

Avril/Suh/Williams/Vanden Bosch is the best defensive front I've seen the Lions ever put out. (IMO). An I'm not saying the current guys are chumps, just... that 2011 team I believe(if I remember right ) was pretty special. Maybe the best Lions teams I've ever watched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Avril/Suh/Williams/Vanden Bosch is the best defensive front I've seen the Lions ever put out. (IMO). An I'm not saying the current guys are chumps, just... that 2011 team I believe(if I remember right ) was pretty special. Maybe the best Lions teams I've ever watched.

lol vanden bosch was trash...high motor was all he had..

3 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah, I liked that unit a lot. If Okwara continues to perform, Flowers gets back to what he's capable of and these guys develop, it could be near that level.