DAY 2: ROUNDS 2 AND 3

Karnage84

7 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I felt like the only reach was McNeill. I really liked Levi.

I really like McNeil.  I had him as a late 2nd/early 3rd.  He has great pass rush upside from the interior.  Most rankings had him a 2nd rounder so definitely a good value. I like the value more than Levi because the other prospects available when Levi was picked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Mostly DTs...sigh

But also few S and WRs

OFFENSE

OL:

Stone Forsythe | OT | Florida

Trey Smith | IOL | Tennessee

David Moore | OL | Grambling State

Drew Dalman | IOL | Stanford

WR:

Jaelon Darden | WR | North Texas

Tylan Wallace | WR | Oklahoma State

Cornell Powell | WR | Clemson

Amon-Ra St.Brown | WR | USC

Cade Johnson | WR | SDSU

RB:

Michael Carter | RB | North Carolina

DEFENSE

Edge:

Cameron Sample | EDGE | Tulane

Rashad Weaver | EDGE | Pittsburgh

Shaka Toney | EDGE | Penn State

Janarius Robinson | EDGE | Florida State

IDL:

Marvin Wilson | IDL | Florida State

Jaylen Twyman | IDL | Pittsburgh

Daviyon Nixon | IDL | Iowa

Darius Stills | IDL | West Virginia

Tommy Togiai | IDL | Ohio State

LB:

Jabril Cox | LB | LSU

S:

Jamar Johnson | S | Indiana

Talanoa Hufanga | S | USC

James Wiggins | S | Cincinnati

Ar’Darius Washington | S | TCU

Caden Sterns | S | Texas

CB:

Tre Brown | CB | Oklahoma

Tay Gowan | CB | UCF

Here's my guys for day 3:

Jamar Johnson

Amon Ra St-Brown

Tyrell Wallace

Jabrill Cox

Daviyon Nixon

Jay Tufele

Marlon Tuipulotu

Tommy Togai

Shaun Wade

Trey Smith

James Hudson

Cameron McGrone

Dylan Moses

Talanoa Hufanfa

Namsah Nasirldeen

James Wiggins

Darrick Forest

Michael Carter

Shi Smith

Jaelon Darden

1. Jabril Cox LB

2. Jamar Johnson S

3. Amon-Ra St. Brown WR

4. Cade Johnson WR

5. Ar'Darius Washington S

6. Marvin Wilson DT

7. Jaylen Twyman DT

8. Rashad Weaver EDGE

9. Shaka Toney EDGE

10. Daviyon Nixon DT

11. Janarious Robinson EDGE

12. Jamie Newman QB

13. James Wiggins S

14. Darius Stills DT

15. Caden Sterns S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

1. Jabril Cox LB

2. Jamar Johnson S

3. Amon-Ra St. Brown WR

4. Cade Johnson WR

5. Ar'Darius Washington S

6. Marvin Wilson DT

7. Jaylen Twyman DT

8. Rashad Weaver EDGE

9. Shaka Toney EDGE

10. Daviyon Nixon DT

11. Janarious Robinson EDGE

12. Jamie Newman QB

13. James Wiggins S

14. Darius Stills DT

15. Caden Sterns S

Jabril is not a good run defender, but he can really cover. But if it were me, Amon-Ra St. Brown would be the guy I'd want. I think he's going to be a productive SL or Z in the NFL.

7 hours ago, LionArkie said:

Yeah, I like their draft.

Had we taken Fields we would have knocked it out of the park.  Maybe we get Rogers though.  I live across the river so I am a fan of all the Detroit teams but have loved the Broncos since Craig Morton was the QB.  Got to admit I like this Detroit draft.  A lot of attention paid to the trenches (OL/DL).  You don't go wrong addressing that.....

• Like 1

You gotta give this picks a shot before we rag on them. They're " good " players just not guys we would of selected... (great we dont run the show).

This is the front office literally proving to fans what they got, how they work, so, sit bad and enjoy the ride a little. I've personally got more faith in these guys than any Lions FO ever in my life time.( Whopping 32 years)

These picks aren't quite the Tabor/Tavai type, they're good players. Not gigantic reaches imo, for "needs".

An TBH I really wouldn't of drafted the CB out of Sryacuse or the DT from Washington but... I am willing to give guys a chance. If it was me we'd have a LB'er and a WR over a run stopping 3-tech and a CB which, isn't fair for me to judge cause I know nothing about either guys basically. lol. Kinda why the picks are tough to swallow right at this moment.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Jabril is not a good run defender, but he can really cover. But if it were me, Amon-Ra St. Brown would be the guy I'd want. I think he's going to be a productive SL or Z in the NFL.

Looking at our roster... Both those are about are biggest needs.

What do you think about Cade Johnson in the slot? An why doesn't anyone talk about him more? Just cause he was at South Dakota? Major production for two years. Excellent special teams... 

I think this kid is going way under the radar... Idk how fast he ran but somethings wrong here where he's not getting noticed much.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

You gotta give this picks a shot before we rag on them. They're " good " players just not guys we would of selected... (great we dont run the show).

This is the front office literally proving to fans what they got, how they work, so, sit bad and enjoy the ride a little. I've personally got more faith in these guys than any Lions FO ever in my life time.( Whopping 32 years)

These picks aren't quite the Tabor/Tavai type, they're good players. Not gigantic reaches imo, for "needs".

An TBH I really wouldn't of drafted the CB out of Sryacuse or the DT from Washington but... I am willing to give guys a chance. If it was me we'd have a LB'er and a WR over a run stopping 3-tech and a CB which, isn't fair for me to judge cause I know nothing about either guys basically. lol. Kinda why the picks are tough to swallow right at this moment.

great attitude brotha. only way. no reason in being sad. we can still like players that go to other teams.

🙂 

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

All 3 of the guys were on my 75 guys to go day 2. I’m not ragging on the players. If Holmes had come out and stated, we’re going to build the trenches no matter what, I’d understand. Still wouldn’t have liked the value, but understood. But before day two, he stated BP no matter what, and then left better talent on the board to focus on one spot.

I’ve stated I would double up on positions in this draft because we have holes everywhere and this is a deep talent pool at those positions (LB, S, WR, OL). He chose the weakest position in the draft (DT) and passed up better talent at those other positions. 

But it is what it is at this point.