NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Not to jinx anything, but but head coaching requests have been filling my Twitter timeline for the past two days now, and I have yet to see Flores’ name get brought up. 

Yep, I haven't seen it either.  I think until his case is settled, they're not going to touch him.  A guy like Al Davis wouldn't have been concerned, but there isn't an owner out there now that has that sense of independence or risk-taking. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

And it'll be interesting to see how much longer Tomlin can last...his making the playoffs this year probably didn't save him in the eyes of the fanbase (I guess who've gotten bored with him), but that franchise just doesn't change for the sake of change.  It's hard for me to believe that Andy Reid has been here in KC for 11 yrs...it still seems like he arrived just yesterday, basically. 

But, you know what's pretty hilarious...Stefanski's already in the top 10 of tenured coaches.  🤣

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4

According to Jaimie Eisner, and the Vegas odds. Flores’ highest odds to become HC is with Atlanta at 10/1 (the same odds as they give Dan Quinn, lol).

After Atlanta, he’s 11/1 to become Washington’s HC, 18/1 for the Panthers, 25/1 for the Chargers, 28/1 for the Raiders, 33/1 for the Patriots, and 35/1 for the Seahawks.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Not to jinx anything, but but head coaching requests have been filling my Twitter timeline for the past two days now, and I have yet to see Flores’ name get brought up. 

i have noticed the same.

32 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's hard for me to believe that Andy Reid has been here in KC for 11 yrs...it still seems like he arrived just yesterday, basically. 

what if Reid retires in a year and Belichick succeeds him?

Belichick and Mahomes together....

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what if Reid retires in a year and Belichick succeeds him?

Belichick and Mahomes together....

Belichick would probably ruin him.  For as much as I like Mahomes, I don't think he has the head-strongness that Brady had to deal with Belichick.  Mahomes isn't nearly as disciplined as Brady was either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I like the chances of Flores starting it this point but aren't a lot of interviews with people that will be coaching in the playoffs? I'd just be worried about teams getting interviews done with people that they have to do now and bringing in Flores a little down the road. 

I have no idea if this is the case and I haven't followed the candidates real close but I won't feel good about it until all of the hires are made