NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

22 hours ago, swede700 said:

2 of our division-mates now have a lot of money tied up in their top-5 players. 

That's what happens when you have to pay a QB. Of that list, only the Ravens, Chiefs and Bengals have QBs that I think are worth the money they're getting paid. The others are going to have a really hard time winning a championship with their QBs making as much as they do. 

• Like 1

Does anyone actually think that Tua, Jordan Love, and Jalen Hurts are worth $20MM a year more than Kirk Cousins? 

I understand that you don't pay them based on this year's production, but for the next year, I'd absolutely take Kirk plus an extra $20MM.

• Like 1

Los Angeles announced on Thursday that Justin Herbert has been diagnosed with an injury to the plantar fascia in his right foot. Per doctors’ recommendation, Herbert will spend about two weeks in a walking boot before a gradual return to play. The plan is designed to get Herbert ready to play Week 1.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/justin-herbert-sidelined-by-foot-injury-but-should-return-for-week-1

not fun fact: i have been hobbled by plantar fasciitis for three months now and it will probably continue for another three.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Los Angeles announced on Thursday that Justin Herbert has been diagnosed with an injury to the plantar fascia in his right foot. Per doctors’ recommendation, Herbert will spend about two weeks in a walking boot before a gradual return to play. The plan is designed to get Herbert ready to play Week 1.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/justin-herbert-sidelined-by-foot-injury-but-should-return-for-week-1

not fun fact: i have been hobbled by plantar fasciitis for three months now and it will probably continue for another three.

Yeah, I've had it off and on over the years.  I hope you recover well!!

• Like 1

Chiefs running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire has opened up about a mental health challenge he has been facing for years: post-traumatic stress disorder.

Edwards-Helaire says he has physical symptoms like nausea and vomiting, and that it was Julie Frymyer, an assistant athletic trainer for the Chiefs, who helped him get a proper diagnosis and start him down the path of treatment.

“Sometimes I’m admitted into the hospital, something like I can’t stop throwing up,” Edwards-Helaire said. “The only person who kind of put me in the right direction was Julie Frymyer.”

Edwards-Helaire did not go into details about the specific traumas that led to his PTSD, but he says he has lost friends to gun violence and that in 2018 he faced “a self-defense situation” himself.

“Everybody goes through things,” Edwards-Helaire said. “Good, bad, just being able to cope with it, just being human. At 25 years old I’m just trying to live the rest of my life healthy.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/clyde-edwards-helaire-says-he-has-suffered-from-ptsd-for-years

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Pretty sure Carlos Correa had it all of last year and is dealing with it now again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Pretty sure Carlos Correa had it all of last year and is dealing with it now again

you callin' me a wimp or sumtin'?!

i can hardly touch my heel to the ground unless it's padded and supported. don't know how a MLB'er could run, hit, field, collect his paycheck, etc....