2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

On 4/22/2022 at 3:27 AM, turtle28 said:

I love him & White. I’m still of the opinion that RB is a luxury pick for us though. Gibby is going to get the bulk of the carries for our offense just like the last two years, regardless of what anyone thinks. River/Turner chose starting Gibby over retaining the Hall of Famer Peterson in 2020 - who was coming off a good year - and splitting carries between the two. 

I think we have greater needs in the mid rounds than RB. So, without us trading back and acquiring extra picks in round 1 or 2, I’d rather take a bigger need like slot CB, LB or pass catching TE (although I still think they should just move Harmon to TE to fill that void). 

Any RB we take will mostly be a special teams guy which we already have that guy on our roster in Patterson and Jonathan Williams could make the team as a 4th RB as well.

We have 2 RB that are dual threats that is can run the ball and catch the ball (Gibson and Mckissic) but they are not power backs. Would like for us  to have a power O kind of rb. Thats why I would entain the thought of drafting a rb late in a trade back senario.  However with no trade back then we need to aim at other needs if need be. One thing for sure with limited picks we need to hit pay dirt on every pick. Everyone one must be able to contribute immediately in some fashion.  

I hope Mayhew was serious, by saying we will have more than 6 picks this draft.

If I were part of the brass...

I would be pounding the table for trading down, if we get good/reasonable offers.

Like from #11 to #13 with Texans

We get pick #80/3rd round. 

100 pt value move/#80 pick 190

Then, #13 to #20 with Steelers

We get pick #52/2nd round

300 pt value move/#52 pick 380

Then, #20 to #32 with Lions

We get pick #34/2nd round

260 pt value move/#34 pick 560 (note: Lions 3rd rounder at #66 is exactly worth 260 pts, but with that big a jump up, I went with their 2nd)

Trade: Washington trades QB Taylor Heinike & Deron Payne to Carolina Panthers for the #6th pick in the draft. 😁

Washington draft picks from this:

THIS, would be the perfect draft setup.

9 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I hope Mayhew was serious, by saying we will have more than 6 picks this draft.

If I were part of the brass...

I would be pounding the table for trading down, if we get good/reasonable offers.

Like from #11 to #13 with Texans

We get pick #80/3rd round. 

100 pt value move/#80 pick 190

Then, #13 to #20 with Steelers

We get pick #52/2nd round

300 pt value move/#52 pick 380

Then, #20 to #32 with Lions

We get pick #34/2nd round

260 pt value move/#34 pick 560 (note: Lions 3rd rounder at #66 is exactly worth 260 pts, but with that big a jump up, I went with their 2nd)

Trade: Washington trades QB Taylor Heinike & Deron Payne to Carolina Panthers for the #6th pick in the draft. 😁

Washington draft picks from this:

THIS, would be the perfect draft setup.

This would make the 2022 draft the best to date. 

• Like 1

Watching DJ’s Mock and watching us take Olave the 4th WR taken over Stingley a CB who has shown dominant tape or Hamilton who is always around the ball. Picking a WR means this FO is Chasing!!! Chasing last years program and not taking the best player your just taking a player to take that position. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, ovfd55 said:

I like Pierre Strong a lot, but I think a late round HB the staff could be targeting is Discount Mccaffery lite Max Borghi

Never hear of him. Looks short with lower center of gravity and gives defender nothing but shoulder pads to tackle. Good speed and runs low. Reminds me of Ekeler of the Chargers but has a liitle more physicality.  He may go late day 3. But I have not hear alot aout him. Haven't heard of many draft analyst talk about him. A true sleeper.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Watching DJ’s Mock and watching us take Olave the 4th WR taken over Stingley a CB who has shown dominant tape or Hamilton who is always around the ball. Picking a WR means this FO is Chasing!!! Chasing last years program and not taking the best player your just taking a player to take that position. 

And this was exactly why I was HOPING we would have signed #2 WR in FA.  Whether it was Julio Jones (who I wanted) or somebody else....anybody else...

Because I would have known, that they weren't gonna reach on a WR.

THe bust rate for WR is very high, as I posted in this thread a page back.

With letting the Greek & Settles walk & now contemplating trading Payne? I'm beginning to think this team is led by idiots.

It's like putting a Football team together & letting the cast from the movie "Idiocracy" make all the moves. That bad, dumb.

"Let's trade McLaurin...he don't like money"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

@ripsean21Hey guy can you post your draft ranking list again. Been aawy for awhile and I can't find it. Thanks

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

And this was exactly why I was HOPING we would have signed #2 WR in FA.  Whether it was Julio Jones (who I wanted) or somebody else....anybody else...

Because I would have known, that they weren't gonna reach on a WR.

THe bust rate for WR is very high, as I posted in this thread a page back.

With letting the Greek & Settles walk & now contemplating trading Payne? I'm beginning to think this team is led by idiots.

It's like putting a Football team together & letting the cast from the movie "Idiocracy" make all the moves. That bad, dumb.

"Let's trade McLaurin...he don't like money"

I don’t care about bust rates the kid can play. If your taking a player at 11 you take the best player. You don’t draft a guy to be a Number 2 WR you draft this guy because you expect him to be Terry or plus!!! But when you tell me that your picking the 3rd most productive WR on his team last year man you better be right. I know Olave has some Justin Jefferson game. I’m talking Justin Jefferson the prospect. If Olave and Terry come out blazing then great. But if you pass on a All Pro talent at CB and a guy who has been dominant multiple years at ND and on the biggest stages for Olave that is a job losing decision if your wrong.

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

#1 Jacksonville= Travon Walker

#2 Lions are in the clock

Isn't Hutch a Michigan guy?

We'll, Lions pick should be easy. Lol

So #1) Jacksonville= Travon Walker (selection been tweeted)

#2) Lions= Aiden Hutchinson (He's a Michigan guy & a stud...I'm guessing here)

#3)Houston= 

After confidently mocking Kyle Hamilton in this spot for the past month, I am officially changing this pick. I am hearing that the offensive side of the ball is enamored with Drake London and that Ron Rivera and Co. believe they can land a Buffalo Nickel/safety in the second round in a player like Lewis Cine, Jalen Pitre, or Jaquan Brisker. Washington's top option is trading down, and Ron Rivera and Martin Mayhew made that clear on Monday.

The team would be happy with Hamilton if London isn't available, but reports are that Jack Del Rio isn't as high on the pick, as Hamilton must be specifically schemed for week-in and week-out. However, if a trade-down is not available, London is the top target. The former two-sport athlete at USC would provide Carson Wentz with a big target, the type he has succeeded with in both Philadelphia and Indianapolis. 

-Kennedy Paynter, Senior Draft Analyst (@Kennedy_Paynter on Twitter)

• Like 1