2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

Clowney, who has every gift imaginable but doesn’t work to improve on those skills.

I'm sorry I just don't buy this whole Clowney is lazy narrative. 

9 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Hypothetical question for everyone. Let's say Hutchinson goes #1 and Hamilton goes #2. Assuming trading down is not an option, who do you go with at #3? I'm starting to get worried this is a possibility that happens to us. 

Thibodeaux all day.

56 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I'm sorry I just don't buy this whole Clowney is lazy narrative. 

You don’t have to buy it. We watched it happen for multiple years. I mean I guess you could argue that no NFL player can truly be “lazy” but dude has serious problems with his motor. It doesn’t run all the time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

People are saying Jalen Wydermyer might not get drafted. Man he’s got a chance to be a great two way TE. No way I wouldn’t take him come round 6 if he’s there. 

I’m an Aggie fan and that’s way to far fetched. Dude ran a 5.03 40 yesterday and he’s considered a receiving TE….I also saw him drop countless of very catchable balls this past season.

3 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Im intrigued….need to watch some tape of him

The “force of will” thing scares me, because that’s pretty much limited to college. There not many guys who just impose their will in the NFL, you have to have some sort of technique that is constantly refined.

Walker might be a player one day, but I don’t think he’s a day one impact player. You could probably say that about a lot of highly rated guys, guys going in the 1st - but a pick at 3 needs to be that sort of guy, IMO.

Walker could be better than Hutch or Thibs one day, but Hutch/Thibs will be better this upcoming season, IMO.

4 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

I’m an Aggie fan and that’s way to far fetched. Dude ran a 5.03 40 yesterday and he’s considered a receiving TE….I also saw him drop countless of very catchable balls this past season.

Dude can play. Drops this past season were QB related. Calzada throws the ball 100 miles an hour on 3 yard out routes. He didn’t have drop problems prior to this season.  Dude can play. 

29 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Dude can play. Drops this past season were QB related. Calzada throws the ball 100 miles an hour on 3 yard out routes. He didn’t have drop problems prior to this season.  Dude can play. 

Nah, I’m not blaming that on Calzada. Those routes were down the field. Not like it was a 5 yard checkdown to a RB

5 hours ago, Blaze said:

Let's say they go Evan Neal or Ikem Ekwonu at 3, who goes to Guard? Tytus Howard or the Rookie considering tackle is Howard's best position.

I shudder at Howard at G, and think his best football has been at T. Neal/Icky is the body you put at G, IMO - both have experience and success at the position.

It allows you to let Howard walk if his contract demands are too high.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I honestly cannot see us taking a lineman in the 1st. We’re seriously lacking playmakers on both sides of the ball. And I’m pro building the team inside out.

If the team is building inside out, wouldn't it be best to build OL/DL first? This team lacks playmakers but those can be found later. 

49 minutes ago, Blaze said:

If the team is building inside out, wouldn't it be best to build OL/DL first? This team lacks playmakers but those can be found later. 

I’d go DL/OL, but I can agree with this premise. I also don’t want to do the same “square peg in a round hole” nonsense we’ve done recently, moving T to G and preaching versatility on the OL. Neal and Icky are Ts. As of now, we have two starting Ts - drafting them to play guard is a waste of their potential (and our time). I want guys who have played the position at a high level and will continue building on that experience by not having to learn new responsibilities. We’ve been conditioned to look at OL as interchangeable by Bill O’Brien and his philosophy - is that a good idea, listening to BOB on football?

If you want to draft a G, start scouting Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson - guys who understand the position from playing at a very high level for a while, not just a few games as a FR or Soph. (While we’re at it, move Max Scharping back to T, where he played most of his college career - playing G is simply lost on him). 

I’m not opposed to Green at 13, he’d actually be a really good pickup, and there’s no question on who fits where - Tunsil and Howard are T, Green and (TBD) are guards.

As I said with Tyler Linderbaum - I’m ok with a guy who plays only one position, but plays it VERY well.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I’d go DL/OL, but I can agree with this premise. I also don’t want to do the same “square peg in a round hole” nonsense we’ve done recently, moving T to G and preaching versatility on the OL. Neal and Icky are Ts. As of now, we have two starting Ts - drafting them to play guard is a waste of their potential (and our time). I want guys who have played the position at a high level and will continue building on that experience by not having to learn new responsibilities. We’ve been conditioned to look at OL as interchangeable by Bill O’Brien and his philosophy - is that a good idea, listening to BOB on football?

If you want to draft a G, start scouting Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson - guys who understand the position from playing at a very high level for a while, not just a few games as a FR or Soph. (While we’re at it, move Max Scharping back to T, where he played most of his college career - playing G is simply lost on him). 

I’m not opposed to Green at 13, he’d actually be a really good pickup, and there’s no question on who fits where - Tunsil and Howard are T, Green and (TBD) are guards.

As I said with Tyler Linderbaum - I’m ok with a guy who plays only one position, but plays it VERY well.

To be fair with Green, he's played every position on the line at A&M, but he is a G at the next level. I'm hoping his poor combine and pro day numbers lets him slip to us at the top of the 2nd. But I would like to have coached a 1st round pick! I already got a 2nd rounder last year when Washington took UT OT Sami Cosmi.

• Like 1