2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't think DT is that big on a need with Jefferson and Philon. Sucks Philon was hurt, both were forces. Jefferson is only 28, could be in line for a 2-3 year new deal. I could see a developmental DT in the mid rounds, but shouldn't have to reach in the 1st for a need. 

Even the interior of the line Is starting to open the run game over the last few weeks. Deablo is looking like the future at WLB. Perryman has been lights out at MLB 

Obvious position to tackle early in the draft: WR1

Brandon Parker actually locked down Bosa last night 😬

The injury actually makes it easier for us to get Philon back. I think it's possible we bring all three back 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:37 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, Edwards ran a 4.53- out of gear, obviously. 

He plays closer to 4.6 tbh. 

Good depth guy to have, but right now he's just that, which is why finding someone similar to him (big bodied guy) doesn't deter me. He has a spot on the roster, but he doesn't need to be gifted a starting role in 2022 just by default. 

I really hope we attack WR in the offseason. Renfrow is really the only "safe" one we have. Jackson is old and I don't think keeping him over another younger speedster is prudent. He's not a starter anymore. Jones and Edwards should be competing for WR3/4 duties. 

In my ideal world, we sign MVS or Lazard (or take a stab at Ridley via trade) and then draft opposite them (ie: MVS? Draft a big body possession guy; Lazard? Draft a speedster). Honestly, bring in 3 new WRs. If someone John Brown's us, so be it. That was ultimately his own loss and if you can't beat out Bryan or Zay for playing time, you're probably not long for the league.

For some reason i think it’s a playbook thing with Edwards. I feel he has another gear. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't think DT is that big on a need with Jefferson and Philon. Sucks Philon was hurt, both were forces. Jefferson is only 28, could be in line for a 2-3 year new deal. I could see a developmental DT in the mid rounds, but shouldn't have to reach in the 1st for a need. 

Even the interior of the line Is starting to open the run game over the last few weeks. Deablo is looking like the future at WLB. Perryman has been lights out at MLB 

Obvious position to tackle early in the draft: WR1

Brandon Parker actually locked down Bosa last night 😬

Maybe not, but it wouldn’t stop me from taking Jordan Davis if he’s still there at our selection. I’d definitely consider DeMarvin Leal as well. Games are won in the trenches.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Maybe not, but it wouldn’t stop me from taking Jordan Davis if he’s still there at our selection. I’d definitely consider DeMarvin Leal as well. Games are won in the trenches.

Leal>>>Davis. Davis has conditioning issues which are a big red flag. If he didn't have those, whole different story.

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Starting to heavily lean CB/WR/DT in round 1.

This CB class is deep.  I've been all over Gardner for months but it now appears the word is out that he is a stud.  He will be a top 15 selection and very well could go top 10.  A nice fall back option if Gardener is gone would be Andrew Booth.  

25 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Starting to heavily lean CB/WR/DT in round 1.

A lot of guys will probably be gone when we're on the board for once, lol. We're currently picking 23rd, some of the guys I like that should be on the board in that range...

WR: Jahan Dotson, Treylon Burks, Drake London

CB: Sauce Gardner, Roger McCreary, Trent McDuffie

After Leal/Davis there isn't a DT in the class worth a first round pick.

CB, OT, WR, DL all good options 

Also then you just react if an elite prospect from a none-need drops. If Thibodeaux somehow dropped (he won't) you obviously pick him to give an extreme example. 

Depends on the coaching staff though as to changes we'd need to make to D. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Leal>>>Davis. Davis has conditioning issues which are a big red flag. If he didn't have those, whole different story.

Yeah, Leal and Davis are completely different players. Leal has played DE, 3T, and 1T at A&M while Davis is strictly a 1T, 2 down player. After Leal/Davis there's not any premium talent at DT but I like a few guys that will go in the 2nd/3rd round. 

• Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma - Versatile 3T

• Zachary Carter, Florida - Versatile 3T

• Travis Jones, UConn - Run stuffing 1T

2 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

CB, OT, WR, DL all good options 

Also then you just react if an elite prospect from a none-need drops. If Thibodeaux somehow dropped (he won't) you obviously pick him to give an extreme example. 

Depends on the coaching staff though as to changes we'd need to make to D. 

I'd take Travon Walker if he falls but I doubt he makes it that far down the board after the combine.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Leal and Davis are completely different players. Leal has played DE, 3T, and 1T at A&M while Davis is strictly a 1T, 2 down player. After Leal/Davis there's not any premium talent at DT but I like a few guys that will go in the 2nd/3rd round. 

• Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma - Versatile 3T

• Zachary Carter, Florida - Versatile 3T

• Travis Jones, UConn - Run stuffing 1T

I like the other georgia DT a lot.

• Like 1