2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Alabama's OL isn't very good, he's without his top 2 WR, and they're playing against arguably the greatest defense in college football history.

Not just this game, he has a live arm but ball location spotty. Can clearly improve though and is very talented, just wary of a guy being anointed number 1 overall years out. So many guys get that early and then regress. 

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Not just this game, he has a live arm but ball location spotty. Can clearly improve though and is very talented, just wary of a guy being anointed number 1 overall years out. So many guys get that early and then regress. 

He's just a freshman this year and has had spotty OL play all season, he has been sacked 35 times and IIRC he is one of the most pressured QB's in the country as well. I think his spotty accuracy at times has a lot to do with the fact that he's constantly throwing on the move/under pressure. 

I agree that a lot of guys breakout early and then regress but Bryce just won the Heisman has like 50 TD/5 INT and has all of the tools that you look for in a franchise QB in the modern NFL. He has a lot of Russell Wilson/Kyler Murray in his game.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's just a freshman this year and has had spotty OL play all season, he has been sacked 35 times and IIRC he is one of the most pressured QB's in the country as well. I think his spotty accuracy at times has a lot to do with the fact that he's constantly throwing on the move/under pressure. 

I agree that a lot of guys breakout early and then regress but Bryce just won the Heisman has like 50 TD/5 INT and has all of the tools that you look for in a franchise QB in the modern NFL. He has a lot of Russell Wilson/Kyler Murray in his game.

Don't think he has quite the arm of either of those two, and isn't the athlete Kyler is but yeah it is a fair comp. I don't care about college QB stats they are basically meaningless if they play for a powerhouse. Some of those sacks are his fault, he holds the ball forever. Although to be honest facing pressure is actually good for his development, loads of QBs from big programmes get to the NFL having basically sat in a pristine pocket for 95% of the snaps they've taken in their life and then struggle to play under pressure. 

7 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Don't think he has quite the arm of either of those two, and isn't the athlete Kyler is but yeah it is a fair comp. I don't care about college QB stats they are basically meaningless if they play for a powerhouse. Some of those sacks are his fault, he holds the ball forever. Although to be honest facing pressure is actually good for his development, loads of QBs from big programmes get to the NFL having basically sat in a pristine pocket for 95% of the snaps they've taken in their life and then struggle to play under pressure. 

I think Young and Stroud will both be early picks next year, both are much better prospects then any QB in this years class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Young and Stroud will both be early picks next year, both are much better prospects then any QB in this years class.

Yeah without a shadow of a doubt, Jake Haener is an interesting one as well. Really live arm. 

Stroud is my favourite I think, effortless thrower

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of guys will probably be gone when we're on the board for once, lol. We're currently picking 23rd, some of the guys I like that should be on the board in that range...

WR: Jahan Dotson, Treylon Burks, Drake London

CB: Sauce Gardner, Roger McCreary, Trent McDuffie

After Leal/Davis there isn't a DT in the class worth a first round pick.

Maybe now it won’t be considered so much of a reach when we make our 1st round pick lol 

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

CB, OT, WR, DL all good options 

Also then you just react if an elite prospect from a none-need drops. If Thibodeaux somehow dropped (he won't) you obviously pick him to give an extreme example. 

Depends on the coaching staff though as to changes we'd need to make to D. 

This is how you add talent to your roster. BPA!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Williams just tore his Achilles, brutal injury.  If he is there int he 2nd round I would take him in a second.  Great value. 

If you look at it, it looks like his knee, it looked like it popped and he grabbed it immediately. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Maybe now it won’t be considered so much of a reach when we make our 1st round pick lol 

We took Leatherwood in the middle of the first, lol. But if we go WR or CB we should get a good player at a good value where we'll be picking. I hope that we end up selecting Jahan Dotson.