2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

i didn’t want to go wr first round but the thing is i’m pretty confident if we don’t pick williams now that he’s in our range the chiefs won’t hesitate to take him 

I think Drake London is the best fit for their offense.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

23. Jahan Dotson | WR | Penn State

54. Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

85. Zachary Carter | DT | Florida

124. Coby Bryant | CB | Cincinatti 

163. Troy Anderson | LB | Wyoming

164. Cade Mayes | OL | Tennessee 

223. Mitchell Agude | Edge | UCLA

position wise solid.. dotson 4-7 for wrs for me. 

also prefer to see and sign RT and draft another later in 3/4th. we need a sure thing at RT. 

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

position wise solid.. dotson 4-7 for wrs for me. 

also prefer to see and sign RT and draft another later in 3/4th. we need a sure thing at RT. 

I love Dotson and think he'd fit great with Carr, one of the most underrated prospects in the class. 

A veteran RT would be nice as well but I love Faalele, he's going to be a monster.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Of course a QB benefits from having an elite supporting cast. But having a great supporting cast does not make you a great prospect, being good at football makes you a good prospect.

Great supporting cast are exponentially more likely to make everyone look good at football than bad supporting casts.

So again, you're making the argument against yourself. Unless you're saying we should just look at Alex Tanney trickshot tapes and Kellen Moore tutorials instead of on-field production? Because then both Tanney and Moore should, by virtually every metric, be among the league's best in terms of upside and mechanics. 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Great supporting cast are exponentially more likely to make everyone look good at football than bad supporting casts.

I agree. I still think Bryce Young is a good prospect though, not just because of his supporting cast. He has a live arm, he's mobile, he throws well on the run, and has great pocket presence, especially for a 19 year old kid. 

The NFL Draft is about projection and Young shares a lot of similarities with guys like Wilson and Kyler.

• Like 1

Dotson is a fantastic WR and the type of one we will need. There is a lot of WRs coming out in this class that I absolutely love but we need a speed guy. This is why I would stay away from Olave and Wilson (unfortunately). If they surprise us w/ a great 40 time at the combine, my thoughts will change.

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Dotson is a fantastic WR and the type of one we will need. There is a lot of WRs coming out in this class that I absolutely love but we need a speed guy. This is why I would stay away from Olave and Wilson (unfortunately). If they surprise us w/ a great 40 time at the combine, my thoughts will change.

Yeah, I like Jameson Williams and Dotson the most. I've seen Dotson compared to Tyler Lockett recently and I like that comparison as well. He can play all over the field, has the speed to take the top off of a defense, and runs excellent routes.