2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, roi34 said:

gruden/mayock got players his coaches told him to. 

ferrell guenther guy and so on..

Luckily gus just liked better players

we all liked Littleton signing at time. didn't age well. 

I think that's just letting Mayock off the hook. Ferrell, Leatherwood, and Arnette should have never even been in the conversation for where they were picked.

Edited by Rich7sena

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I mean cut Kwit, Littleton, Nassib. Prolly trade Ferrell and Abram, cut see letting Hankins walk for a younger player. If thats blowing it up, sure that will be good. Waller could also be a secret trade chip 

Why trade Waller when we have virtually no weapons in the passing game?

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

does Waller even want to be here? kinda seemed like he focused on the money. I wouldn't be surprised if he demands to get traded to LA

waller has said nothing but good things so don't know where this is from

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, roi34 said:

waller has said nothing but good things so don't know where this is from

Your absolutely right Waller hasn’t said anything or done anything…. But there are plenty of people spreading that rumor.  

if you were looking to stir up a rumor there’s a lot to work with there.  He signed an extension which paid him very very well before he ever produced but then he became a top 3? TE and is now underpaid.  He got hurt and was suppose to be out 1..maybe 2 games but missed 5, I believe.  Then when he came back from the injury he wasn’t at an elite level of play, so people said he’s not trying or doesn’t care.

I don’t think there’s anything to the rumors, but I will say if you were looking to start a rumor there’s a good amount of things to work with.

11 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Don't think we are in a position to draft a WR who can't play until 2023 season in the first, suspect a loaded team (Chiefs or someone like that) will poach him late 1st

Yeah…. I’d love to draft Williams but…

1) we can’t afford to knowingly draft a player that won’t play year 1.  
(I have heard he could play his rookie year though…. How long does an acl tear comeback take these days?)

2) If I’m drafting an already injured player I gotta get him “on sale”.  It doesn’t have to be clearance but I need a discount code.  There’s a lot of risk in that pick and plenty of similarly talented and healthy players.  I’d rather draft another position and sign a stop gap FA and wait til next year… assuming there are no other near equal talents at the same position.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah…. I’d love to draft Williams but…

1) we can’t afford to knowingly draft a player that won’t play year 1.  
(I have heard he could play his rookie year though…. How long does an acl tear comeback take these days?)

2) If I’m drafting an already injured player I gotta get him “on sale”.  It doesn’t have to be clearance but I need a discount code.  There’s a lot of risk in that pick and plenty of similarly talented and healthy players.  I’d rather draft another position and sign a stop gap FA and wait til next year… assuming there are no other near equal talents at the same position.

ACL 9-12 months usually, he might have a chance i suppose at playing some