2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Has a player ever said that they don’t want a team to draft them while they where being interviewed? No because it’s a great way to torpedo your stock. Team pass on players for the smallest things and if a player is acting like that it’ll cost him (and his agent) millions. Are there guys who don’t want to play for the Raiders? Sure there are and it’s up to the front office to sort that out. 

Actually…. renfrow JUST came out and said that right before the draft he was discussing with his GF the options if he went undrafted.  They came up with a list of places he ABSOLUTELY Didn’t want to do to.  #1 was the Raiders.

The question for us was why?  Well it’s not that bad actually.  He didn’t hate the Raiders…. He just didn’t want to move to Cali and pay high taxes, then have to move after only 1 year to LV.  And he didn’t even know where Oakland is.  Apparently he’s very poor at geography and thought it was in Florida. (Maybe he had heard of Oakland Park, FL which is by Fort Lauderdale? Idk, just an idea I had).

but he also said he’s so happy he was wrong about Oakland and the team and couldn’t be happier.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roi34 said:

quicker twitch i think with cutting

I'm confident we can find a stud WR with the 22 pick, which is a big need because of Ruggs. If we wait until the second, might be too late. It's a great class but I think there will be a WR run in the late 1st, early 2nd.. too much talent , and guys tearing up workouts 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

owning the combine, the film, the size... I'm starting to think he is a late 1st rounder now. DK vibes

Whoa… high praise.  Their totally different players.

I get why everyone is loving Watson.  Sounds great on paper.  But he very far from being a starter.  He was a 2 trick poney in college.  He basically only ran go routes, plus the occasional end around.  Plus, he only played 195 snaps in 12 games last year, or 16.25 Per.

Im not trashing the guy.  His potential is very high.  But who ever drafts him needs to use him in a limited role year 1 while they teach him to play WR.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Whoa… high praise.  Their totally different players.

I get why everyone is loving Watson.  Sounds great on paper.  But he very far from being a starter.  He was a 2 trick poney in college.  He basically only ran go routes, plus the occasional end around.  Plus, he only played 195 snaps in 12 games last year, or 16.25 Per.

Im not trashing the guy.  His potential is very high.  But who ever drafts him needs to use him in a limited role year 1 while they teach him to play WR.

same was said about DK. too raw to be a first.... Maybe I am being won over with these combine numbers 

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

40 times are toxic haha.

CB and WR 40 times have a great indicator of success though. Is it the only thing? Of course not. Is it a sure thing? Of course not. Tape is always most important, and this is just one measuring point. However, it has been a good indicator like I said. CB/WR 40 time, OL/DL Bench Press are mostly the only things I really even care about at the combine. It’s a pretty useless event for positions like QB, where only tape and traits matter. As long as they aren’t under 5’10” and not under 9” hands that is. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm confident we can find a stud WR with the 22 pick, which is a big need because of Ruggs. If we wait until the second, might be too late. It's a great class but I think there will be a WR run in the late 1st, early 2nd.. too much talent , and guys tearing up workouts 

I don’t think there will be a WR that meets our needs at #53.

London, Burks, Wilson, Olave, Williams are all “definitely” going round 1.  Pickens could slide inside the late 1st, if not he’s going within the first 5 picks of day 2.  Dotson prolly goes before 40.  The rest of the WRs really aren’t day 1, WR1 options, IMO.  I also don’t really think Dotson is that either.

I’m really hoping Wilson is there and he’s our guy.  After today, I’d be happy with Olave, but would like a little trade back before taking him.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Either would be amazing. Is Drake going workout with teams before the draft? Burks and maybe draft another burner in the mid rounds or even a vet who can fly. 

yeah, those two imo better than drake

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

same was said about DK. too raw to be a first.... Maybe I am being won over with these combine numbers 

Metcalf actually ran routes in college.  He spent 4 years in the SEC developing and being coached.  Watson hasn’t gotten anything near the level of coaching.  He was told to run deep.  But again this isn’t a “let’s bash Watson” post.  The kid has great potential.  But he’s really raw.  He could still be productive as a rookie…. But what he plays in year 1 is going to be rather limited in terms of the routes he runs.