2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In his first two seasons with us he averaged 52 catches, 630 yards, 3 TD. That was with less receiving talent around him, he's going to be the third option for us this year.

he also has gotten better and earned more trust from Carr... feel like your discounting that a lot. He may also get open more with coverage rolling to Adams/waller. 

Depends if we pass heavy or run. but I can see him easily getting 800. you cant judge rookie year and average that in, and with that said he did very well rookie year. 

so basically he averages 766 a year with rookie year. 

Just now, roi34 said:

he also has gotten better and earned more trust from Carr... feel like your discounting that a lot. He may also get open more with coverage rolling to Adams/waller. 

Depends if we pass heavy or run. but I can see him easily getting 800. you cant judge rookie year and average that in, and with that said he did very well rookie year. 

so basically he averages 766 a year with rookie year. 

Renfrow had 128 targets last season, he was one of the most high volume targeted players in the NFL. If Waller and Adams are healthy he's going to see a significant dip in production. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Renfrow had 128 targets last season, he was one of the most high volume targeted players in the NFL. If Waller and Adams are healthy he's going to see a significant dip in production. 

100 rec 1058 to around 80 -800 would be just that LOL

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who are some versatile 3rd/4th round type safety prospects? I like Nick Cross from Maryland. He can really move.

There really aren’t many.  There’s Hamilton early in round 1 plus Brisker and Dax Hill in maybe late round 1 but more likely early to mid round 2, then Cine in mid to late round 2, maybe top of 3rd.  After that there’s Kerby Joseph in round 3 plus 4th round safeties (Bryan Cook, Nick Cross, and Vernon McKinley III) who may get driven up into the 3rd due to lack of options.  

edit:  I think Pitre is a 3rd round prospect but more of a Slot CB / nickel DB moreso then a traditional Safety.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Kerby-Joseph-WR-Illinois

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kerby-joseph/wGwqSPGAxb

I like Joseph a lot actually.  Real play maker, but only had 1 year of getting playing time.  He had 5 INTs and 3 recovered fumbles.  He’s one of those guys that has an innate ability to be in the right place at right time and can capitalize on it.

He’s rangy but not elite in that regard.  I wish he showed more then 2 PBU’s so it’d validate the int’s weren’t just luck and that he can consistently make balls on the ball in the air.

The good thing is he can 2 high and 1 high FS, but probably better in 2 high.  He’s a good, consistent, effective tackler but not a guy who you use often in the box or one who hammers ball carriers or shoots downhill.  
I’d feel much better taking him in round 4 but I doubt he makes it there.  He’s got good measureables at 6-1 200, 4.50 flat, 33.25” arms and 10.5” hands.  Former WR.

I can see him really ascending to be a  playmaking starter or he could be a total Bust.  He’s definitely raw, but could also Come in on limited reps and make plays.

again, I’m like him but he’s risky.  Without a 1+2 I think we gotta hit on our 3rd and thus I’d pass on him unless the board really doesn’t fall our way and then I’d consider him.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

Renfrow has significantly improved but with Adam’s and Waller plus a deep group of other targets including Moreau at TE, Edwards + Robinson at WR, and Jacobs + Drake at RB I think Renfrow’s targets drop this year.  Last year his targets grew significantly due to his progression but also lack of other options.

Overall, I think Adams will get his “normal” (10.75 targets per game over later 4 years) around 170-180 htargets while Waller will see small drop from the average over the last 3 years of 8.25 targets/game to something like 7.5 (127 over 17 games).  Renfrow has averaged 6.0 targets per game over his 3 years and averaged 7.5 last year.  I could see him slipping slightly to 6.5-7 targets/game or 110-120 per season.  

Carr threw 626 times last year or just under 37x per game.

While Waller and Renfrow’s targets will drop slightly I think it’s the other targets that see their targets reduced more.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Renfrow has significantly improved but with Adam’s and Waller plus a deep group of other targets including Moreau at TE, Edwards + Robinson at WR, and Jacobs + Drake at RB I think Renfrow’s targets drop this year.  Last year his targets grew significantly due to his progression but also lack of other options.

Overall, I think Adams will get his “normal” (10.75 targets per game over later 4 years) around 170-180 htargets while Waller will see small drop from the average over the last 3 years of 8.25 targets/game to something like 7.5 (127 over 17 games).  Renfrow has averaged 6.0 targets per game over his 3 years and averaged 7.5 last year.  I could see him slipping slightly to 6.5-7 targets/game or 110-120 per season.  

Carr threw 626 times last year or just under 37x per game.

While Waller and Renfrow’s targets will drop slightly I think it’s the other targets that see their targets reduced more.

If Carr is throwing as much as he did last season it's an issue.