2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not even for drafting Strong in the 3rd.  I merely brought up a topic for discussion, then replied to some Comments I felt were a little ridiculous.  I don’t think Strong will be sacked and hurt his leg for the last time and have to retire on his first drop back nor does he suck, as at least one person said.  I think he’s a decent prospect and a good value in round 3.  Sadly, I don’t see any veteran options that are better for next year as a backup then Strong would be.  If we did draft a QB in rounds 3-4 i’d ideally like to make them the 3rd QB and still sign a FA for QB2 for the first year.  I also really don’t see any QBs I like After Strong in this draft.

Drafting a backup, developmental QB would've made sense if we still had all of our picks. It just doesn't seem like a great move to take him with our first pick when we still have other holes we can fill. The Bears just signed Trevor Semien and their GM just publicly said that they're working on trading Nick Foles. They'll save $4M if they trade him after June 1st and I believe we'd only have to pay him $4M. I'd give up a mid round pick next year to bring him in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah. Last thing I want is an injured draft prospect with our 1st pick.  I like but def don’t LOVE Strong.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4028729/cole-johnson

Cole Johnson is 6’5 215 and has a TD/INT ratio of 41/4 last year.  It was a massive break out year, he really didn’t do much prior.

https://www.draftdive.com/cole-johnson-scouting-report/

honestly I don’t know anything about the guy…. I don’t even remember seeing him on top 20 (Or whatever) QB rankings.  But the guy has size and had a good season on paper.  Maybe he’s a good UDFA choice to get on the PS for the season.

Another UDFA I brought up awhile ago....Cole Kelley, if they wanna try and develop a guy he has a DECENT tool box to work with, bring em both in. Lol

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Well I said I saw Carson Strong falling into round 3, which whether or not you would draft a QB or specifically him, is a good value.

Also, there are almost no QB 2s left on the FA market and we only have Gilbert, a USFL/XFL/etc level QB, on the roster besides Carr.

Backup QBs can be expensive and we all seem to want to spend the remaining FA money we have on a DB, like Mathieu or Gilmore, or DT or RT.

we finally have a coach who can competently develop and doesn’t have a Desire to not develop a QB.

we haven’t drafted a QB to develop since Conor Cook in the 4th round of the 2016 draft and before him (excluding Carr- ‘14 2nd) Tyler Wilson (4th in 2013).  Our drafting history on QBs is beyond ridiculous.

there’s a massive salary cap incentive to have a rookie deal QB as the backup. A 3rd round pick will  average 1.35m per year over 4 years while a good backup can cost 3.5-5m or more per year.

I’m not even for drafting Strong in the 3rd.  I merely brought up a topic for discussion, then replied to some Comments I felt were a little ridiculous.  I don’t think Strong will be sacked and hurt his leg for the last time and have to retire on his first drop back nor does he suck, as at least one person said.  I think he’s a decent prospect and a good value in round 3.  Sadly, I don’t see any veteran options that are better for next year as a backup then Strong would be.  If we did draft a QB in rounds 3-4 i’d ideally like to make them the 3rd QB and still sign a FA for QB2 for the first year.  I also really don’t see any QBs I like After Strong in this draft.

Good value or not, we have zero need for a QB right now. Why not give our QB a better chance and get protection or a successor to Jacobs who I feel we should let walk or more help on defense? We have very little draft capital right now so I just don't see why anyone would be talking about using a pick on a QB. If we do let Carr walk after this year, which I highly doubt will happen, we can look into drafting one next year. I feel that would be so stupid though b/c we'd essentially waste one of Adams' years to develop a rookie. Yes, the rookie might come out on fire and there is some great talent on top of next year's class, but the odds simply aren't in favor of that.

This would be interesting if it happens. I know prior to the Adams trade, we all talked about Olave being mocked to us which still might happens but Miller doesn't seem to think that's gonna be the case. Makes sense though b/c those two are insanely good. That's fine, keep what we have and get JSN next year instead 😁

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah. Last thing I want is an injured draft prospect with our 1st pick.  I like but def don’t LOVE Strong.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4028729/cole-johnson

Cole Johnson is 6’5 215 and has a TD/INT ratio of 41/4 last year.  It was a massive break out year, he really didn’t do much prior.

https://www.draftdive.com/cole-johnson-scouting-report/

honestly I don’t know anything about the guy…. I don’t even remember seeing him on top 20 (Or whatever) QB rankings.  But the guy has size and had a good season on paper.  Maybe he’s a good UDFA choice to get on the PS for the season.

Yea i know nothing about cole lol

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my 3rd/4th round target list 

WR: Calvin Ashley, Wu Robinson (I hope either one drop), Alec Pierce, Sky Moore, Jalen Tolbert (underrated), Khalil Shakur

T: Faalele (if he somehow drops), Nick Petite Frere, Max Mitchell, Thayer Munford, Abraham Lucas, Rasheed Walker, 

G: Sean Rhyan Dylan Parham 

DE/Edge: ARNOLD EBIKETIE, NIK BONITTO, Sam Williams, JOSHUA PASCHAL, DOMINIQUE ROBINSON, Logan Hall, Cam Thomas, Zach Carter, Michael Clemmons, Chris Allen, Isaiah Thomas, Myjai Sanders, Drake Jackson, EYIOMA UWAZURIKE, John Ridgeway

DT: PHIDARIAN MATHIS, PERRION WINFREY, Neil Farrell  (class sucks)

LB: Malcolm Rodriquez, CHANNING TINDALL, Chad Muma, Leo Chenal, AARON HANSFOR D, Troy Anderson, Brandon Smith, BRIAN ASAMOAH

CB: Marcus Jones, JALYN ARMOUR-DAVIS, Coby Bryant, Josua Williams, ALONTAE TAYLOR, ZYON MCCOLLUM, TARIQ WOOLEN, Isaac Stewart Taylor, CORDALE FLOTT, MJ EMERSON, 

S: Bryan Cook, Nick Cross, Lewis Cine, JALEN PITRE, TYCEN ANDERSON, JT WOODS, VERONE MCKINLEY III, DELARRIN TURNER-YELL, PERCY BUTLER, DANE BELTON, Bubba Bolden

Lol so basically almost everyone

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This would be interesting if it happens. I know prior to the Adams trade, we all talked about Olave being mocked to us which still might happens but Miller doesn't seem to think that's gonna be the case. Makes sense though b/c those two are insanely good. That's fine, keep what we have and get JSN next year instead 😁

I think Wilson will probably the first WR off the board, I've seen a lot of Drake London hype recently but I can't see him going that high unless he just absolutely destroys his pro day.

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Good value or not, we have zero need for a QB right now. Why not give our QB a better chance and get protection or a successor to Jacobs who I feel we should let walk or more help on defense? We have very little draft capital right now so I just don't see why anyone would be talking about using a pick on a QB. If we do let Carr walk after this year, which I highly doubt will happen, we can look into drafting one next year. I feel that would be so stupid though b/c we'd essentially waste one of Adams' years to develop a rookie. Yes, the rookie might come out on fire and there is some great talent on top of next year's class, but the odds simply aren't in favor of that.

I think we'll pick up Jacobs 5th year option at $8M and then let him walk the following season. I like Pierre Strong Jr in the middle rounds though.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think we'll pick up Jacobs 5th year option at $8M and then let him walk the following season. I like Pierre Strong Jr in the middle rounds though.

I honestly feel we should let Jacobs go. The guy's production is easily replicable and for a much cheaper price. I'm going to be looking at mid-round RB prospects bc I'd prefer we go there or OL but more the latter. Plug and play RBs are relatively easy to find so we could always do that next draft

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Wilson will probably the first WR off the board, I've seen a lot of Drake London hype recently but I can't see him going that high unless he just absolutely destroys his pro day.

I read something that a lot of people are cooling off on London. Not sure of the validity of it nor remember where I read it but I'm kinda on board. He looks solid but I'd say there's 4-5 arguably better prospects at the position

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I honestly feel we should let Jacobs go. The guy's production is easily replicable and for a much cheaper price. I'm going to be looking at mid-round RB prospects bc I'd prefer we go there or OL but more the latter. Plug and play RBs are relatively easy to find so we could always do that next draft

Jacobs has had: 

1,316 yards | 9 TD

1,303 yards | 12 TD

1,220 yards | 9 TD 

19 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I read something that a lot of people are cooling off on London. Not sure of the validity of it nor remember where I read it but I'm kinda on board. He looks solid but I'd say there's 4-5 arguably better prospects at the position

He was super highly regraded, got hurt and seemed to fall down boards, and now he's right in the mix as WR1 for most people.