2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Faalele: Scares me.  Lack of athleticism could make him Orlando Brown or Denver Kirkland.  Brown is definitely the outlier because most Olinemen that are this slow bust.  I think he may go much later and would probably stay away until the 6th.  One redflag I read about and then noticed was him looking like he is thinking about what he is going to do before he does it instead of just playing.  If you can get him to just play and be nasty he would be a lot closer to Orlando Brown.

Raimann:  He is very new to OT position and may end up as a great OT but once again he is a LT.  Not that he could not make the transition and him having limited time as an OT may help him transition.  I am just tired of seeing this team try to turn LTs into RTs.

Lucas:  Higher floor but might not have the highest ceiling.  He is a RT to play RT but he lacks on key component I really want in my RT.  He is not the best run blocker. 

There will not be a perfect prospect at 86 but if I had to choose I would go with Lucas.

Us passing on Faalele would be like us passing on Orlando Brown for Brandon Parker, just a terrible decision. Dude will be one of the best RT's in the league.

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

if it's fairly easy to upgrade then why have no rookie RB's out performed Jacobs in better situations?

Well, it's fair to judge him against where he was drafted, right? Almost every RB drafted near where he was, since he was drafted, has outperformed him. Why haven't others though? A variety a reasons and the fact that Jacobs is still pretty good. If you're ok with "pretty good" at a position like that, that's fine. I'm not

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Well, it's fair to judge him against where he was drafted, right? Almost every RB drafted near where he was, since he was drafted, has outperformed him. Why haven't others though? A variety a reasons and the fact that Jacobs is still pretty good. If you're ok with "pretty good" at a position like that, that's fine. I'm not

But no mid round rookie RB's have out performed him so to suggest we can just find someone easily to do it is weird when no other RB's that meet that criteria have done it.

30 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wait what? Who? You just made that up or what.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But no mid round rookie RB's have out performed him so to suggest we can just find someone easily to do it is weird when no other RB's that meet that criteria have done it.

James Robinson did his rookie season as an UDFA so you can't pretend it never happens. The reason why I think it's fair to suggest a first/second rounder as comparable is bc most of them start every game. Not sure the same could be said for later picks. Do you not agree? That's why I said it could be for a variety of reasons.

Feel free to grab examples of later picks that started every game their rookie season though. I'd be interested in seeing that

35 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Maybe Swift and Taylor that's about it.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, just made it up. That's usually how I roll.........

Or, I could be referring to Taylor, Harris, Chubb, Barkley but whatever

Not all those guys were drafted around where he was first off 2nd Jacobs was 7th and 8th leading rusher in 2019 and 2020 last year he missed alot of time with injury and we all know the OL was dreadful at run blocking.

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sure did but that's not the topic of discussion. The topic is rookies that had better production than Jacobs and he did just that

Lol of course he had better numbers Najee stayed healthy but if you do the math Jacobs numbers similar for 17 game average