2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Starters who are risky going into the Draft: 

• RT - Brandon Parker - Coaches and GM seem to like him, still a bit of a risk. If Parker is going be the starter, the depth sucks. No LT2, iffy RT, and a iffy swing tackle too. 
  • DE- Ferrell- Hasn't really done much. Could a switch to 3-4 save his career as a Raider. Contract year, and his last chance. No depth behind him 
  • SS- Abram - another guy on his last legs. Played better last year, but isn't the best in coverage. Harmon could challenge him for PT. Make or break contract year 
  • WR2- Edwards- I thought he flashed last year when he seen targets. It was basically his rookie year, and he was facing CB1. Didn't look like a future star so people low on him. Veterans Demarcus Robinson, and Mack Hollins were brought in to challenge for that WR2 spot. Still could add more juice to that unit. 

Starters who are average and over 30 

• NT- Hankins- in a new system. I consider him average starter, but a good team player. Isn't a stud but isn't a weakness. We brought in Butler/Billings to hopefully surprise in camp. Butler was a former 1st round pick who might have a ceiling in this system. 
  • RG- Good- isn't a stud, but wouldn't get abused in the past. He is coming off a major injury and over 30. I think we move Leatherwood to LG, and we brought in that Bears Bars to challenge for Good spot. If Good is hurt again, we have a former starter waiting in the wings. I see Simpson as nothing more than a depth/end of the roster guy. 

I could see us adding players at these spots in the draft. Really thin at DE and T if Maxx is going be playing OLB like Chandler Jones. 

Abram should be moved to LB. He's outstanding at stopping the run.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:12 PM, Humble_Beast said:

WR2- Edwards- I thought he flashed last year when he seen targets. It was basically his rookie year, and he was facing CB1. Didn't look like a future star so people low on him. Veterans Demarcus Robinson, and Mack Hollins were brought in to challenge for that WR2 spot. Still could add more juice to that unit. 

I'd still like to see us add a speed guy to the room like Danny Gray later in the draft but I don't think it's risky to have him as the other starter on the outside. He didn't see a ton of targets but he was 4th in the NFL in yards per catch at 16.8 behind Deebo, DPJ, and Chase. I think that he'll benefit more than anyone playing alongside Adams, Renfrow, and Waller. Those three will be the focal points of our passing game, we just needs Edwards to occasionally make some big plays which he has shown that he can do.

17 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yes but only like 10-15 pounds, hopefully he can gain that

Keanu Neal made a similar transition last year for the Cowboys but is moving back to safety, my only concern with him at LB would be getting off of blocks.

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Keanu Neal made a similar transition last year for the Cowboys but is moving back to safety, my only concern with him at LB would be getting off of blocks.

I don't know it's pretty good as shedding blocks

Edited by Bitty 2.0

25 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don't know it's pretty good as shedding blocks

I think coming down hill from a safety spot vs being directly in the box having to take on pulling OL is much different. Wouldn't mind seeing Abram moved just not sure he's big enough, that's his biggest issue. Not big enough to be a full time LB but not rangy enough to be a full time safety. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's just small to play LB

This was mentioned on the “Raid the Tape” YouTube series, I believe.  Abram could really only play in sub packages as a LB and not an every down LB…. But that’s what I think people mean when they say play him at LB. 

@NYRaider

Skip To 2:30/4:45

again I’m not Advocating for drafting a QB early but it very could happen if the right prospect fell.  I actually don’t like the idea of drafting a QB in round 3, even in rounds 4-5 to be honest… unless there was someone I really liked.  I do think we’ll draft a QB by round 5, however.  Sadly, I don’t really like anyone this year.

19 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

@NYRaider

Skip To 2:30/4:45

again I’m not Advocating for drafting a QB early but it very could happen if the right prospect fell.  I actually don’t like the idea of drafting a QB in round 3, even in rounds 4-5 to be honest… unless there was someone I really liked.  I do think we’ll draft a QB by round 5, however.  Sadly, I don’t really like anyone this year.

I personally don't think that we'll draft a QB this year considering we have very limited draft capital with only 5 picks at our disposal. Especially considering that it's one of the weakest draft classes at the QB position that we've seen in a while. But we'll see what happens, just doesn't seem like a good use of resources unless you view him as a future starter.

26 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

This was mentioned on the “Raid the Tape” YouTube series, I believe.  Abram could really only play in sub packages as a LB and not an every down LB…. But that’s what I think people mean when they say play him at LB. 

I really don't even expect him to start and wouldn't be surprised if he's traded or ends up being a surprise cut during training camp. 

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Pretty much. Play 3 safeties/use him as the sub package LB. He's good in the box and bad everywhere else. Granted he could make a huge leap this year. He had less coverage lapses this year but it just isn't natural for him. He's strong, runs fast, and is aggressive, but lacks the instincts/change of direction that someone like Moehrig has.