2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

The 1st round has historically been a poor return on value at the WR position. I would prefer to wait because good WR prospects always fall in the 2/3 range. I’m all for building up the OL or DL in round 1 this year (Jordan Davis would be ideal). 

Historically yes but as the NFL changes and the offense continues to involve a lot of college schemes WRs have been one of the better position groups to pick when it comes to the draft and the first round 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Historically yes but as the NFL changes and the offense continues to involve a lot of college schemes WRs have been one of the better position groups to pick when it comes to the draft and the first round 

CeeDee Lamb, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This is an underrated narrative. 1st round WR's make a huge impact and are contributing earlier every year.

• Like 2

WR use to be a huge leap from College to NFL it’s just not the same anymore. Dosent mean every WR will work out but it’s not like how it’s use to be 

Also my issue with Jordan Davis is love the player but hard to pay the first round price tag for a player that’s not even gonna crack 60 percent of teams defensive snaps every week. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

WR use to be a huge leap from College to NFL it’s just not the same anymore. Dosent mean every WR will work out but it’s not like how it’s use to be 

Also my issue with Jordan Davis is love the player but hard to pay the first round price tag for a player that’s not even gonna crack 60 percent of teams defensive snaps every week. 

I can see both sides with Jordan Davis, Vita Tea only plays like 60% of the Bucs snaps but fundamentally changes the way teams play against them.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think "more refined" probably describes it better. 

Vea was definitely better in terms of technique. Davis, I think, has a better raw potential/athletic profile. 

Davis is good but if we take a DT, I want them to be a potential pro bowler as a pass rusher. I've been waiting for a good DT almost as long as we've been waiting for a good FS.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Davis is good but if we take a DT, I want them to be a potential pro bowler as a pass rusher. I've been waiting for a good DT almost as long as we've been waiting for a good FS.

I think Davis has that ability as a pass rusher. 

Obviously there may be a better one around, but they likely won't be available to us.