2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

So you see Williams being there between pick 17 and 23? The consensus seemed to be that his stock was rising and he could be a top 10 pick. I could be wrong though. 

Yeah between 15-20 is where I think Williams ends up going. As it stands none of the teams in the top 12 picks really need a #1 WR desperately. And it's not like Williams is some generational prospect with freak measurables. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah between 15-20 is where I think Williams ends up going. As it stands none of the teams in the top 12 picks really need a #1 WR desperately. And it's not like Williams is some generational prospect with freak measurables. 

If he runs under 4.4 at the combine his stock could skyrocket. 

i’d prefer to get a receiver in round 2 or 3 but if burks fell to us i’d be dissapointed if we didnt pick him. i’d take him over williams.hoping we can get one of Sauce,burks,dean or leal in the first. Dax hill is also intriguing if he’s there in the second or third. 

4 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I would for sure use a R1 pick on a dominant interior DL. Vita Vea, Jeffrey Simmons, and Dexter Lawrence are all great examples of 1st round interior DL that anchor a stout run D. Even if he doesn’t play on third downs the run stopping ability routinely puts the other teams in 3rd and unfavorable positions which helps a defense immensely. 

I’m not confident he will be there when we pick but if he is I’m running to the podium to take him. 

Run stopping DTs aren't worth a first round pick imo, WR is a super valuable position and the data on it says that after QB & CB it correlates most to adding wins. Davis plays about 20-25 snaps a game for Georgia because he offers absolutely nothing on 3rd down, I'd not look at him R1. 

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

Run stopping DTs aren't worth a first round pick imo, WR is a super valuable position and the data on it says that after QB & CB it correlates most to adding wins. Davis plays about 20-25 snaps a game for Georgia because he offers absolutely nothing on 3rd down, I'd not look at him R1. 

Normally I would agree with you but elite interior DT’s are worth it. Vita Vea and Jeffrey Simmons are R1 guys all day. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

7 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

So you wouldn’t take Vita Vea or Jeffrey Simmons in Round 1? 

Jeffrey Simmons has 7.5 sacks, is 6'4 and 300lbs and plays as a 3-4 DE. He is nothing like Davis, literally couldn't get more opposite. I have no idea why you are bringing him up. Leal would be a comparison to Simmons style wise. 

Vea, maybe but he'd not be in the top 5 players i'd want off the Bucs D.  

Stopping the pass is considerably more important than stopping the run, why CB/S and EDGE are most important players on D imo.

Edited by Jraider91

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If he runs under 4.4 at the combine his stock could skyrocket. 

I mean everyone already knows that he's fast. Looking at the draft board he's not going in the top 5. No one in the 6-12 range really needs a #1 WR outside of maybe Atlanta if Ridley is done. The next 3 teams are the Browns, Eagles, and Saints who are all 3 teams that need a WR but have other needs as well. The Eagles also have 3 first round picks so they could potentially wait on WR and the Saints might go QB early.

Dating back to 2015 only 7 WR have been selected in the top 10.

1 hour ago, Edz209 said:

i’d prefer to get a receiver in round 2 or 3 but if burks fell to us i’d be dissapointed if we didnt pick him. i’d take him over williams.hoping we can get one of Sauce,burks,dean or leal in the first. Dax hill is also intriguing if he’s there in the second or third. 

Jahan Dotson in the 2nd round would be an amazing value pick, not sure he falls that far though. 

My prospects of interest in round 1

• Jameson Williams | WR | Alabama

• DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

• Drake London | WR | USC

• Sauce Gardner | CB | Cincinnati 

• Nakobe Dean | LB | Georgia

• David Ojabe | Edge | Michigan

• Jordan Davis | DT | Georgia

Round 2:

• Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

50 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Vea, maybe but he'd not be in the top 5 players i'd want off the Bucs D.  

Stopping the pass is considerably more important than stopping the run, why CB/S and EDGE are most important players on D imo.

Vea is a completely different animal though and probably the Bucs most impactful defensive player. Teams almost always abandon the run early in games against Tampa Bay because he's just so dominant inside, which also frees up their LB's to fly around and make plays.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Vea is a completely different animal though and probably the Bucs most impactful defensive player. Teams almost always abandon the run early in games against Tampa Bay because he's just so dominant inside, which also frees up their LB's to fly around and make plays.

Teams average 4.3ypc against them, that is worse than our rush defense YPC. Narrative doesn't match reality. The reason they don't get run on is that they have a top 3 offense in the league so they are always ahead meaning you have to throw to keep up.