Raiders 2021 Schedule

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC, Mayock wanted CeeDee Lamb but Gruden wanted his own version of Tyreek Hill and the next coming of Cliff Branch so we went with Ruggs. 

It was just strange that we were so dialed in on getting guys to fit Guenther's scheme and then had to draft like 5 DB's and sign a few guys this off-season to inject some talent into the group. That shouldn't even be close to the case considering how much draft capital we've spent on our DBs. Coming into the season we have 2 CB's that we took in the 1st/2nd and 3 S's that we took in the 1st/2nd. 

We haven't drafted well.  Only hit with DBs has been Mullen.  Rest of the picks were literally just picks that we put in the trash and replaced with roughly 180 lbs of trash.

Just now, Jerry said:

We haven't drafted well.  Only hit with DBs has been Mullen.  Rest of the picks were literally just picks that we put in the trash and replaced with roughly 180 lbs of trash.

Ideally Moehrig will be a guy for us and I'm not ready to write Arnette off just yet. Maybe even Abram can bounce back in a role that's better suited for his strengths under Bradley. But I agree for as much as we've spent on our defensive backfield we really have nothing to show for it. Losing out on Byron Jones in FA was a back breaker. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It gets worse when you realize that we traded Amari Cooper for Abram and Mack for Jacobs, Arnette, and Edwards. While the Bears drafted Montgomery in the 3rd round and he has been just as productive as Jacobs through their 1st two NFL seasons. And they still have Mack, a very good defense, and were able to move up for Justin Fields. 

I really hope the Bears suck for as long as they have Mack.  That would just help me live through this ish show.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Ideally Moehrig will be a guy for us and I'm not ready to write Arnette off just yet. Maybe even Abram can bounce back in a role that's better suited for his strengths under Bradley. But I agree for as much as we've spent on our defensive backfield we really have nothing to show for it. Losing out on Byron Jones in FA was a back breaker. 

I don't even really know what it's like to be a fan of a team with good DBs.  I don't think the Raiders have ever really been one the last 20 years.  I don't think the years with Asomugha even count.  Teams just ran all over us those years anyway.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Hopefully you're right.  Hopefully Bradley gets them in position to get the job done.

Just now, Jerry said:

I really hope the Bears suck for as long as they have Mack.  That would just help me live through this ish show.

I think Justin Fields is going to be a stud for them. Their defense should be pretty good and Fields could be a piece that helps go to the next level. They have some pieces around him that should allow him to be a good rookie starter. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

im not ready to call Mullen a hit

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I don't even really know what it's like to be a fan of a team with good DBs.  I don't think the Raiders have ever really been one the last 20 years.  I don't think the years with Asomugha even count.  Teams just ran all over us those years anyway.

I think our poor DB play is also heavily influenced by how bad our pass rush has been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Hopefully you're right.  Hopefully Bradley gets them in position to get the job done.

Bradley has a pretty good track record of helping under the radar defensive backs become good NFL starters. I think Moehrig will be good, Abram has a chance to be a guy, Mullen should fit well, and Arnette is somewhat of a wildcard. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Mullen has flashed but he has definitely had his moments, good and bad.

Weird season for him. Looked like a legit CB1 his first 9 games last year. Then looked horrendous his final 7. Looked especially horrible in the second Charger game, like holy hell he was bad. 

Make or break year for Mullen. However, at least he has flashed. Most of Gruden and Mayocks picks haven’t even done that.