Raiders 2021 Schedule

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wonder what our roster would look like if we just went with crazy Mel Kiper's "top prospects available" in the first round every year for the last four years.  We've literally gone for players that were considered reaches in the first round since Gruden came back.  It's been pretty weird and pretty ugly too.

We'd be better off. 

Heck, despite what the homer apologists say, there are several posters on here who were calling for guys who turned out to be much better picks than what we wound up taking. 

Every year, we hear the "Oh BuT yOu ThInK yOu KnOw BeTtEr, So WhY dOn'T yOu HaVe ThE jOb" excuses, as if being an NFL GM or HC is the pinnacle of careers for everyone. But it totally ignores that some of us here simply do indeed have a better idea of what to do than our current decision makers in favor of assuming anyone who isn't making the decisions is inherently incapable of doing so lol.

• Like 2

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

We'd be better off. 

Heck, despite what the homer apologists say, there are several posters on here who were calling for guys who turned out to be much better picks than what we wound up taking. 

Every year, we hear the "Oh BuT yOu ThInK yOu KnOw BeTtEr, So WhY dOn'T yOu HaVe ThE jOb" excuses, as if being an NFL GM or HC is the pinnacle of careers for everyone. But it totally ignores that some of us here simply do indeed have a better idea of what to do than our current decision makers in favor of assuming anyone who isn't making the decisions is inherently incapable of doing so lol.

100% agree with this. People assume just because someone is a HC or GM that they know what they are doing lol. Just like any job in the world, there’s a good chance they are not qualified, suck at their jobs and have no idea what they are doing, and someone totally random has a better “grasp” with no training. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently the full schedule is

Week 1: vs Baltimore (MNF)

Week 2: at Pittsburgh 

Week 3: vs Miami

Week 4: at LA Chargers (MNF)

Week 5: vs Chicago 

Week 6: at Denver

Week 7: vs Philadelphia 

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: at NY Giants

Week 10: vs Kansas City (SNF)

Week 11: vs Cincinnati 

Week 12: at Dallas (TNF)

Week 13: vs Washington 

Week 14: at Kansas City

Week 15: at Cleveland (Saturday)

Week 16: vs Denver

Week 17: at Indianapolis

Week 18: vs LA Chargers

@BayRaider

First 4 games are a doozy. I'd be happy with 2-2

Next 4 should be sweepable. 4-0

The 4 after that should be doable enough. Go 2-2 to give room for error. 

The final 5 game stretch could be brutal. I'd be happy with 2-3. 

There's 10-6 with some room for error or surprises. 

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

6 1st round picks under Mayock and we've drafted Ferrell, Jacobs, Abram, Ruggs, Arnette, and Leatherwood... 

Mediocre run stopper, slow RB, a heat seeking missile without the technology to discern allies and enemies, a gadget player, a mediocre CB, and a possibly undersized RT that may have to switch to RG.  

Probably the most negative I'll ever be in a post.  I like our picks after the 1st round (pretty good in the second with Mullen, Moehrig, etc.), but man are we terrible in the first.  We don't even show up for the first round.  We just get smash hammered and throw darts at a board and then pound fists.  It's becoming comical.

28 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

probably woulda been josh allen or devin white over Cle Ferrell. Montez Sweat at 24. and Greedy Williams at 27.

Jeudy over Ruggs, not sure what his board would have looked like at 19 in that draft. probably Jaylon Johnson

I think CeeDee was my guy over Jeudy and Ruggs.  I didn't mind Ruggs (drank until I liked the pick), but if we were going for immediate production, picking a player with roughly 20 receptions in his last year at Alabama was not the way to go.

Also, yeah Ferrell will never live up to the fourth overall pick.  Devin White on the other hand....

Yeah I liked Sweat.  I think Greedy has done well as well.  Just crazy to think about.  I don't know how Gruden sleeps at night.  Mayock probably goes into the bathroom and cries just looking back on this draft.  3 picks and he fumbled like DC making his way to the end zone.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Mediocre run stopper, slow RB, a heat seeking missile without the technology to discern allies and enemies, a gadget player, a mediocre CB, and a possibly undersized RT that may have to switch to RG.  

It gets worse when you realize that we traded Amari Cooper for Abram and Mack for Jacobs, Arnette, and Edwards. While the Bears drafted Montgomery in the 3rd round and he has been just as productive as Jacobs through their 1st two NFL seasons. And they still have Mack, a very good defense, and were able to move up for Justin Fields. 

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I liked Sweat.  I think Greedy has done well as well.  Just crazy to think about.  I don't know how Gruden sleeps at night.  Mayock probably goes into the bathroom and cries just looking back on this draft.  3 picks and he fumbled like DC making his way to the end zone.

IIRC, Mayock wanted CeeDee Lamb but Gruden wanted his own version of Tyreek Hill and the next coming of Cliff Branch so we went with Ruggs. 

It was just strange that we were so dialed in on getting guys to fit Guenther's scheme and then had to draft like 5 DB's and sign a few guys this off-season to inject some talent into the group. That shouldn't even be close to the case considering how much draft capital we've spent on our DBs. Coming into the season we have 2 CB's that we took in the 1st/2nd and 3 S's that we took in the 1st/2nd.