2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

On 4/18/2022 at 7:46 AM, jetfuel34 said:

He is a bust. I want nothing to do with him. He is going to struggle to get separation. He is a Mathews, Benjamin type guy that will be out of the league before he even reaches his next contract. Then they will do that stupid move trying ro make him a TE 3 to 4 years down the road and be out of the league. London is a third round pick in my eyes at best. I would take players like Oliva, Moore, over him. 

I was pretty spot on here. 

On 8/6/2023 at 9:14 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I was pretty spot on here. 

LOL no you were not... jury is very much still out on London and he had a solid season last year... he's likely to break out and eclipse 1k yards this year. Anyone with two eyes can see he is much twitchier and sudden than Benjamin & Matthews were.

That said, glad we ended up with GW instead. I like the whole class to be honest - GW, London, Olave, Dotson. Jameo is looking like the bust of the group at this stage.

Edited by jetjuice

• 3 weeks later...

Pac-12 falling apart because of the TV rights is the biggest fumble I've ever seen in the media business.

Not only are studios fighting for the rights to have live sports, but the PAC has the attention of a lot of people right now because no other conference has more 9+ win teams, Caleb Williams hype, Sanders in Colorado, Chip Kelly, and others. They waited until UCLA and USC left to start negotiations. ESPN offer a good deal, Pac screwed it up and now hoping to get less from AppleTv. 

Everyone involved should be fired or voted out by now. even the big-12 was able to lock in a deal! As a UCLA fan, I hope the Pac does figure it out and some of the teams return but man... they screwed up. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Olu or 1st round QB. Developmental DT and LB round 3 and 4. 

I am real leery of drafting another first round QB.  Personally, I'd rather they fix the OL.  We will need an OT (Brown) and and OG (Tomlinson).  I'd look for a QB in round 3 or wait until 2025.  Get the OL fixed then get the QB.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am real leery of drafting another first round QB.  Personally, I'd rather they fix the OL.  We will need an OT (Brown) and and OG (Tomlinson).  I'd look for a QB in round 3 or wait until 2025.  Get the OL fixed then get the QB.

If Zach fails miserably and Aaron is coming back for one more year we will need a QB waiting in the wings.  If Zach isn't bad then we can go OL.  If Rodgers retires then we have to pick up Cousins for a year or 2 and draft a guy anyway.

18 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If Zach fails miserably and Aaron is coming back for one more year we will need a QB waiting in the wings.  If Zach isn't bad then we can go OL.  If Rodgers retires then we have to pick up Cousins for a year or 2 and draft a guy anyway.

Good luck.

22 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Rodgers is coming back next year. If Zach tears it up this year then the jets are set at Qb and can go OL guys with the first round pick they save. If Zach fails i would draft a QB in the second round. I like a few QB's but we all know Williams will be pick 1. 

We do not have a SRP in 2024.  Let's assume Zach plays like we expect (not very good).  Let's also assume AR will play in 2024.  Chances are Zach will not get his 5th year option and he is most likely done as a Jet QB.  But we still have Rodgers for a year or two.  Yes, we will need a QB to take over at some point.

But, in order to avoid another devastating injury to AR, the OL NEEDS to be fixed.  Not only for 2024 but beyond when a young QB takes over.  Only Tippmann and AVT will be under contract in 2024.  Who will replace Brown, Tomlinson and Becton?  I think the Jets will resign Becton assuming he is not asking for crazy money, but it is also possible he will want to "hurt" the Jets and move on.  We are not getting three starting FA's.  Maybe Warren can play RT, but we still need a LT and LG.  My guess is we will draft a FRP OT and look to FA for the starting LG.  Maybe look at QB in round 3 or later.

About the only scenario I see that would cause JD to draft a QB in the first next year is if Zach sucks AND AR is too undecided on playing again.  But even then, with a win now team, we would still need a decent FA QB to start.

If 2024 qb being stacked is confirmed in April then Jets can easily trade down.  Only if Jets end up owning top 15 pick.

If Wilson is sound as backup qb next year then Jets could select one of the followings in day 3. Those qbs I think will end up on taxi squad but they have good stuffs. Never mind older prospect.

Devin Leary, Kentucky

Phil Jurkovec, Pittsburgh

Cam Rising, Utah

If Wilson plays like last year then Jets should be aggressive and draft a qb in day 2. Those qbs should have a shot to secure an active spot.

Jordan Travis, Florida State

Bo Nix, Oregon

Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

*Cameron Ward, Washington State

*Michael Pratt, Tulane

*JJ McCarthy, Michigan

* I have zero problem taking him anywhere during the draft, depending on my mood. lol.