2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

18 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

This is based on if they flop the rest of the season and if we can sell hope with Rogers' return. He wasn't happy with losing early in the season. If they don't make it this season, they could blow up the roster to build the team Payton wants. Bolles contract is coming to an end, so he may hold out for a new contract. They're currently at -20M and don't have a lot of picks. 

They'll be able to package him in a pick swap with us if it goes right. I'm not getting my hopes high, but it's something to keep an eye on. 

Payton doesn't care about draft picks. I can see them extend Bolles to lower 2024 cap for heavy GTD.  Dump Justin Simmons and restructure several players.

I am not sure about WR Courtland Sutton. Keep or trade.   Maybe Jets send 3rd round pick to Broncos for Sutton and 4th round pick.  That would allow Payton to get one of deep WR pool there.  

• Acquire WR Sutton
  • Sign LT Jonah Williams
  • Draft RT in 1st
  • Have 3 4th round picks to bolster depth, especially OL.

Sound good?

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Acquire WR Sutton

Why trade for a WR when there a few that can be had in FA? This is no different than fans sporting wood over Davante Adams.

I still want to field a competitive team after next year and giving away draft picks, any picks, for what can be had without giving them away is not smart. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

Why trade at all for a WR, theres so many options this year in FA and the draft theres no reason too. We are supposed to be building for sustained success not 1 season.

Signing WR via FA should provide some difficulty for Jets.

1. which WR willingly plays for Jets? never mind AR.

2. new GTD may clog salary cap flow in near future.

With AR and his pals aboard and JD/Saleh entering "Last Shot" season, future success may not an option for them.