Starfield [Xbox|Bethesda]

Kiltman

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Same. I know you can set them up to basically print money, but it isn’t super easy to get into.

They get wiped with NG+, so I’m debating just not really doing it this playthrough.

Like I can't tell if I actually "wired" the connection? Or if the power is even working. I'll try some YT videos too, but it seems NMS had it better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an awful bug happen in the game. There's a Crimson Fleet mission and without spoiling too much, I was almost at the very end and "fell through" the level back to the beginning somehow. Well... you can't get back to the end because it is closed off. I think that mission is just going to be stuck forever.... 

And I don't want to go back to an old save, because the last save was at the mission start too lol. 

On 9/23/2023 at 11:12 PM, Malfatron said:

Watching my wife play and this game definitely doesnt feel like its for me

Depends what you want out of it, game kinda morphs to you. I think that includes not liking it.

Ive liked that it has been different things when I want to mix it up. Straight story game, mindless shooter emptying locations, shipbuilding game you can constantly tweak…and there are a lot others like the NG+ loop you can do or Outposts building/management (which probably are going to gain their importance back when they release a more survival like difficulty).

But yeah I think if you either don’t love the inventory management or systems it’ll be bad if you don’t like even one of the other parts. It’s far from a perfect game, but there is a lot to it that gets to that good+ level.

I can’t wait to see what they add to address what people didn’t like or want more of. Better/deeper outposts, more ship pieces and designs, mechs/transports, deeper ship systems, etc. Same goes for mods obviously.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I wish the best for Starfield and hope this DLC is good, but man, I have absolutely zero interest as of now to play it again. Put maybe 40-50 hours in, had some fun, and think that about wraps it up for me. Solid 7/10, but nothing that really interests me after that.

8 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I wish the best for Starfield and hope this DLC is good, but man, I have absolutely zero interest as of now to play it again. Put maybe 40-50 hours in, had some fun, and think that about wraps it up for me. Solid 7/10, but nothing that really interests me after that.

Definitely waiting on jumping back in.

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot but just need a little more to do for additional playthroughs. But a ton of hours into it with a couple NG+ to try the different perspectives of the side stories.

Supposedly House Va’ruun will be the feature of the DLC/Expansion, which seemed like a glaring hole in the game to the point where I just assumed they were saving it for a sequel.

Hope the Creation Kit gets released soon, would be nice to get a couple of months of better Mods out there by the Fall.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Definitely waiting on jumping back in.

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot but just need a little more to do for additional playthroughs. But a ton of hours into it with a couple NG+ to try the different perspectives of the side stories.

Supposedly House Va’ruun will be the feature of the DLC/Expansion, which seemed like a glaring hole in the game to the point where I just assumed they were saving it for a sequel.

Hope the Creation Kit gets released soon, would be nice to get a couple of months of better Mods out there by the Fall.

I paired up with Andreja, so the lack of Va'ruun in the game was super jarring considering how much she talks about it.

It'll be really exciting to see what modders can do. Give me a combat overhaul mod, better menus+fast travel and the game will already be like an 8.5/10. Then once you add some of the content mods that will surely add a ton of interesting and fun to explore planets... could literally be a 10/10 game.

5 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I paired up with Andreja, so the lack of Va'ruun in the game was super jarring considering how much she talks about it.

It'll be really exciting to see what modders can do. Give me a combat overhaul mod, better menus+fast travel and the game will already be like an 8.5/10. Then once you add some of the content mods that will surely add a ton of interesting and fun to explore planets... could literally be a 10/10 game.

Same, thought there’d be at least a little bit more to Va’ruun being with her. I guess we got a tiny bit but nothing really of note.

Yeah Modders will go crazy in it.

I loved playing it but definitely could use some quality of life updates, some more variety for the randomly generated content.

Want way more ship options, cause that was one of my favorite parts.

Solid Update

Notes

• Improved surface maps - We’ve heard your feedback, and we’ve made some big improvements to surface maps.

• New gameplay options - For those of you who like a bit of an extra challenge or want to make some aspects of the game easier, you can customize your experience with brand new options in the Settings menu. “Want to make ground combat harder but ship combat easier? You can do just that!”

• Added Ship Decoration mode to the interior of Ships – now you can decorate your ships just like you can with Outposts. New blank version of the Habs to fully decorate 

• Added Tabs to Container menus to make managing your inventory easier.

• Added the ability to change Traits and appearance after entering the Unity.

• Added Dialogue camera toggle in the Settings.

• Added Display settings for Xbox Series X to prioritize Visuals or Performance (Series X).

• 1 month later...

New update today, with launch of Creations and The Creation kit (mods are here and more coming soon)

Shattered Space confirmed to show us the Va’ruun homeworld and build them out as a faction 

the info

“Today Bethesda Game Studios revealed the first details for Starfield: Shattered Space, the new story expansion for Starfield. A mysterious power stirs in the city of Dazra, the capital of House Va'Ruun's hidden homeworld. Investigate a frightening cosmic threat, explore a new planet, and find unique weapons, spacesuits, and gear in this all-new adventure.

Also announced during today's showcase is Starfield's June Update. Available to download tonight on PC and Console, Starfield's June update includes the launch of Creations, new bounty hunting features and all new Trackers Alliance missions, enhanced melee combat, and.

Creations brings official mod support to Starfield. Players can now discover and play new content from Creators and Bethesda Game Studios directly in-game through the Creations menu. The Creation Kit, the official toolkit for Starfield, is also now available to download for free on Steam and puts the power to create new content in the community's hands. Anyone in the community can make Creations and upload them to the Creations platform.”

• 2 months later...

Shattered Space expansion hitting September 30th

Starfield_LargeHero_ShatteredSpaceTraile

Vehicle drop tonight

August Update overview

Also available in the August Update are new Xbox Series S display settings to mirror existing Xbox Series X settings.
New settings:
  • Frame Rate Target: You can now choose between 30, 40, 60 or an Uncapped frame rate on VRR displays. If you do not have a VRR display running 120hz, you will still be able to select from 30 or 60. Screen tearing may occur at times when selecting 60 on a non-VRR display.
  • Prioritize: You can now prioritize between Visuals and Performance while trying to maintain the frame rate target. If you’re choosing a frame rate target of 60 or above, we recommend changing this to Performance. Prioritizing Visuals keeps the highest resolution while maintaining full detail for special effects, lighting, and crowds. Prioritizing Performance lowers internal resolution and detail for special effects, lighting, and crowds. Both modes may adjust internal resolution dynamically when scenes or action get heavier as well. When switching between modes, you will see the lighting change briefly as the system catches up to the new mode.
  • VSync: You can now toggle between VSync off or on. Choosing off will separate the game frames from the monitor's refresh rate and may result in screen tearing. Toggling On will synchronize the frame rate to the monitor's refresh rate avoiding screen tearing but limiting number of frames.
Features
  • Added the new Rev-8 Vehicle which can be purchased from the ship technician
  • Added Xbox Series S performance options
General
  • General performance and stability improvements
  • Creations UI fixes and improvements
Gameplay
  • Addressed an issue that could prevent fully scanning the planet Beta Marae I
  • Gameplay Options: Addressed an issue with Legendary weapons that could cause the Well Fed and Hydrated effects to refresh
  • Gameplay Options: Addressed an issue with switching weapons that could cause the "You are now Hydrated" notification to appear frequently
  • Gameplay Options: Addressed an issue that could cause Sustenance effects to stop working in NG+ variants
  • Fixed an issue with reloading the Novastrike sniper rifle
  • Resolved an issue that caused other characters to hold the Novastrike rifle incorrectly
  • Fixed a visual issue with the Magshot reload animation in zero-g
  • Extreme Temperature Entry Spacesuit can now be put on displays
  • Addressed an issue that could cause multiple items to spawn on display stands
  • The Rattler displayed on the Trackers Alliance headquarters wall can now be interacted with
  • Gravity Well no longer pulls NPCs into the ships in the Chop Shop
  • Adjusted map location markers in cities to improve fast travelling
  • The apartment in The Well in New Atlantis now has a map marker
  • The marker for Shepherd's General Store in Akila should display properly
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Rapid Legendary effect to not properly apply to melee weapons
  • Addressed an issue that could cause Lyle Brewer to become hostile to the player as a follower
  • Updated the status text for the Shielded Grip and Large Shielded Grip mods for the Plasma Cutter
  • Adjusted the balance on Mysterious Tracker’s Voice audio
  • Resolved an issue that could cause unexpected noises upon entering the Lodge for NG+ variants
Ships
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Ship docking bridges to remain extended
  • Addressed an issue with modifying a landed non-home ship that could cause a duplicate ship model to appear on the landing pad
  • Shipbuilder: Ship module variants and flip versions will now correctly revert to the original when pressing the Cancel button
  • Ship Decoration: Addressed an issue with the Ecliptic Claymore that could allow objects to be placed outside of the ship
Graphics
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the Frame generation setting to be turned off when DLSS was selected for Upscaling (PC)
  • Fixed lighting for ship and station interiors in photo mode
  • Improved quality of reflections in shallow puddles
  • Addressed an issue with upscaling that could cause visual artifacts on planets when viewed from space
  • Helmets will now toggle correctly for companions who are downed in photo mode
UI
  • Addressed an issue with the Ship and Inventory menus on 21:9 resolutions
  • Fixed an issue with how large Carry Capacity is displayed in the inventory with large font enabled
  • Addressed an issue with how The Cue Ball and Ping Pong Ball display in the inventory menu
Outposts
  • Flood lamps decoration items will now correctly toggle off and on at outposts featuring a power source