Starfield [Xbox|Bethesda]

Kiltman

Feels like a game I'll pick up in a few more years once bugs are ironed out and the mod community has added content. Similar to what I did with Skyrim, put in tons of time but well after things got stabilized. Also did that more recently without mods for Cyberpunk.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Did they also add a couple different encounters and POIs? Started a new NG+ run and have gotten a couple new things to me.

New game + adds a bit of random stuff so it could be that. Could also just be new stuff since it's a big update.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Did they also add a couple different encounters and POIs? Started a new NG+ run and have gotten a couple new things to me.

I haven't played it in months so it seems like more new content than just the Expansion. They must have made some changes in patches or something because the maps and UI seem much better, and small stuff like food looks different than before. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I haven't played it in months so it seems like more new content than just the Expansion. They must have made some changes in patches or something because the maps and UI seem much better, and small stuff like food looks different than before. 

So far reminding me why I liked the game so far, landed on a planet that had a Terrormorph lab. Then some random encounters, which were a little more challenging with the updates to combat. 

When you get hooked on the loop in the game it’s really easy to just keep going and going.

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

So far reminding me why I liked the game so far, landed on a planet that had a Terrormorph lab. Then some random encounters, which were a little more challenging with the updates to combat. 

When you get hooked on the loop in the game it’s really easy to just keep going and going.

Ya I’m working on upgrading my Outpost Engineering skill and building up a base. That can be a serious grind but I’m still enjoying it. I don’t want to give spoilers but I’m on my first new game plus mode if you know what that means, so not only do I get to play the new content but I’m revisiting a lot of the old stuff too. 

• Like 1

I'm a couple of days into the expansion now, I was mostly still cleaning up old quests from the base game but I've started on the expansion main quest the past 2 nights. So far I'm pretty unimpressed, and I'm someone who enjoyed the base game. The new planet and city are just weird, and the people just prattle on about all these weird names and stuff I have no idea about (and honestly don't care about). I've been skipping almost every conversation at this point. Also forcing a weird religion into this world of space exploration just seems like a tired story idea that has been used in so many games it seems really uninspired. This expansion has really missed the mark for me. 

What this game needs in a future expansion is to add an intelligent alien race that is a threat to the galaxy. One of the first issues I had with the base game was like, uhhh so there are only humans in the game? I thought that was a weird design choice.