Training Camp is set for July 27th-July 31st

turtle28

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You were right Thai, another Washington first round QB that ended up not being the guy when we all had hoped he would be!

Also, Not sure if any throw is physically impossible for Dwayne to Make, now having the right footwork, pushing through the throw and having the correct form to Throw it accurately and with a lot of zip on it, that rarely  happened w/ Haskinsand I along with others expected Dwayne to improve in those areas but he clearly didn’t in DC and that’s his fault, no one else’s. I don’t believe he will in Pittsburgh either, but that remains to be seen.

I'm not saying it's literally impossible. The word "like" was meant to indicate I was speaking figuratively. I'm just saying that is a route I never saw him complete, despite two years in the league. He always threw wildly off-target.

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm not saying it's literally impossible. The word "like" was meant to indicate I was speaking figuratively. I'm just saying that is a route I never saw him complete, despite two years in the league. He always threw wildly off-target.

I wouldn’t say “he Always” widely threw off-target. He threw some dimes in his 16 NFL games and 13 NFL starts but he wasn’t consistent, he’d generally throw a handful of good passes a game and a few wow ones while the rest were in accurate. He definitely showed off his arm talent while in DC, he just didn’t put the work in especially in the film room & QB room to learn the offense well enough to be a better QB and he was too immature to be a leader for the offense.

Oh well, he’s old news! 😂  

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I wouldn’t say “he Always” widely threw off-target. He threw some dimes in his 16 NFL games and 13 NFL starts but he wasn’t consistent, he’d generally throw a handful of good passes a game and a few wow ones while the rest were in accurate. He definitely showed off his arm talent while in DC, he just didn’t put the work in especially in the film room & QB room to learn the offense well enough to be a better QB and he was too immature to be a leader for the offense.

Oh well, he’s old news! 😂  

I'm talking about that specific route, my friend. Not every pass.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Terry said that Dyami Brown has a very good feel for the game and knows what he’s doing. Really sounds like both of these guys will make impacts as rookies.

I think we should start trading all our picks for 3rd rounders at this point 🤣🤣🤣Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think we should start trading all our picks for 3rd rounders at this point 🤣🤣🤣Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Maybe not all of them, but trading back in the 2nd round to get two 3rds or a 3rd, 4th & something else would seem like a smart strategy for us.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Well not that we didn’t know but we still don’t have a QB lol. The fed ex friday is pretty cool

I’m going to be totally shocked if Fitz plays like a top half of the league QB. This off-season QB excitement feels so much like 2019. We brought in a journeyman vet spot starter/mostly back up that a lot of people gushed over for something he had done 2 years earlier w/ arguably the most talented team in the NFL & we had a young QB with some promise but that was far far from a finished product or had proven anything behind him.

I guess the bug difference is that Heinicke & Allen to a lesser extent did show flashes last year so while they’re inexperienced they have shown they’re capable of playing well in the league, but the Fitz signing reeks of the Case Keenum signing to me - I hope I’m wrong.

Just reviewing vet F As still out there. How about Todd Gurley as #2 R B ? I don't trust Gibsons bad toe ! Everson Griffen - nice vet edge guy - great depth - kinda would replace Kerrigan . I want every damn player that can make us better . These two guys might fill my bill !

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Just reviewing vet F As still out there. How about Todd Gurley as #2 R B ? I don't trust Gibsons bad toe ! Everson Griffen - nice vet edge guy - great depth - kinda would replace Kerrigan . I want every damn player that can make us better . These two guys might fill my bill !

You don’t trust Gibson’s toe - who says he’s 100% now - but you trust Todd Gurley’s knees? There’s a reason the Rams traded Gurley to the Flacons & there’s a reason why the Falcons didn’t retain him, his knees are shot. 

It seems to me you want “names” and guys who are well past their prime. I’d rather see what the young guys have. 

Speaking of Kerrigan, he had thumb surgery.