Training Camp is set for July 27th-July 31st

turtle28

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ron-rivera-looking-forward-seeing-heinicke-push-fitzpatrick-qb-competition

“Rivera has repeatedly said not having a quarterback competition last summer was a mistake, which is why he plans to have one this year despite having a clear favorite in Fitzpatrick.

"The mistake I made was that my approach was wrong. I should have made as big a competition as possible, and that's on me. I wanted to try and find a guy. I thought [Haskins] was ready to take a step and take every opportunity," Rivera said. 

"I try to build that rapport he needed with his teammates, and that would have been something we may have been able to see sooner and could have done something different, perhaps."

During training camp, Rivera said the plan is for the team to mix up which quarterback gets certain reps to have all of the signal-callers work with a variety of players.

"You try to create situations that are going to be as gamelike as possible," Rivera said. "You want to be able to rotate guys so that everybody gets an opportunity to work with the same group of players. You try to create that energy for guys stepping on the field knowing that they are working with the [starters]. That's one of the things we've done in the past that shows how you find out about players."

In Fitzpatrick, Heinicke and Allen, Rivera feels that he has three quarterbacks he can win with. The same couldn't be said last year. That's why regardless of how it plays out, Rivera is excited to see each QB push one another to get better in camp.

"It's going to be a good competition. I look forward to it," Rivera said.“

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ron-rivera-looking-forward-seeing-heinicke-push-fitzpatrick-qb-competition

“Rivera has repeatedly said not having a quarterback competition last summer was a mistake, which is why he plans to have one this year despite having a clear favorite in Fitzpatrick.

"The mistake I made was that my approach was wrong. I should have made as big a competition as possible, and that's on me. I wanted to try and find a guy. I thought [Haskins] was ready to take a step and take every opportunity," Rivera said. 

"I try to build that rapport he needed with his teammates, and that would have been something we may have been able to see sooner and could have done something different, perhaps."

During training camp, Rivera said the plan is for the team to mix up which quarterback gets certain reps to have all of the signal-callers work with a variety of players.

"You try to create situations that are going to be as gamelike as possible," Rivera said. "You want to be able to rotate guys so that everybody gets an opportunity to work with the same group of players. You try to create that energy for guys stepping on the field knowing that they are working with the [starters]. That's one of the things we've done in the past that shows how you find out about players."

In Fitzpatrick, Heinicke and Allen, Rivera feels that he has three quarterbacks he can win with. The same couldn't be said last year. That's why regardless of how it plays out, Rivera is excited to see each QB push one another to get better in camp.

"It's going to be a good competition. I look forward to it," Rivera said.“

@lavar703

Competition separates the winners from losers. They want Heinicke (or Allen) to make it impossible to keep them off the field. I'm excited for the QB comp. I'm excited to see how this offense looks with someone remotely confident in their abilities. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

But, but, but ,,, will it be Fair? Will the Q Bs get equal time with the ones ? I hope R R doesn't slant it to Fitz by palying him with the starters and Heiny and Allen with the back up guys .

Rivera says he won’t but the devil will be in the details this training camp. We’ll have to see.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

@lavar703

Competition separates the winners from losers. They want Heinicke (or Allen) to make it impossible to keep them off the field. I'm excited for the QB comp. I'm excited to see how this offense looks with someone remotely confident in their abilities. 

The offense has a lot of potential and greasy fast speed! 💨 

If one of these QBs can step up and be better than average we should repeat as division champs & maybe win a playoff game for the first time in 15 years. I’m excited to see the competition too & to see if our offense improves over last years. It should be improved but I have to see it first.

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

@lavar703

Fitz is the starter. It can be a competition in spirit but Rivera is starting Fitz unless Heinecke is Tom Brady in practice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Fitz is the starter. It can be a competition in spirit but Rivera is starting Fitz unless Heinecke is Tom Brady in practice. 

Weirder things have happened. But I agree but if it is a competition I think Taylor is in it.

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree with this. Rivera wants Fitz to be the guy but if one of the other two blow him away they’ll get it. I’m hoping for the later.

19 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Coach Kuechly?  Very doubtful it'll happen, but that'd be pretty cool if he came on staff as an assistant.

It’d be awesome if he became one of our defensive coaches.

Excited Luke Kuechly GIF by Carolina Panthers

Edited by turtle28