• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I knew the ankle was an issue. Didn’t know how much.

I wonder why Tony deleted the tweet.

Based on Quinn's comments I wouldn't be surprised if they shut him down and just throw in the towel, sounds like he's having some other leg related issues due to playing on the ankle. Mitchell has clearly had issues getting into the paint and as I said before I don't think he has even dunked once the entire playoffs. He has tweaked it on numerous occasions in both series as well. Respect him for playing but he has had to hit 3's at a ridiculous clip to score in the playoffs. That combined with no Conley just killed us because he's really our only player that can consistently create his own offense and get into the paint. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We were third in defensive efficiency but Lue has coached circles around Snyder.

If we are taking regular season and postseason into account he’s the coach of the year IMO, especially when you take into account how many games their key players missed. 

Ibaka - 31 games 

Leonard - 20 games

George - 18 games

Morris - 15 games

I’m gonna be honest I didn’t expect the Clippers to come into Utah and pull out a game 5 right after the blow of losing Kawhi.

They shot a top 5 percentage from 3PT all time this year and yeah that was without fans but you could tell super early in the season how much better their ball movement looked compared to the Rivers team.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m gonna be honest I didn’t expect the Clippers to come into Utah and pull out a game 5 right after the blow of losing Kawhi.

Me either. I also didn't know that Mitchell is so injured he was having issues even walking after the game. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on Quinn's comments I wouldn't be surprised if they shut him down and just throw in the towel, sounds like he's having some other leg related issues due to playing on the ankle. Mitchell has clearly had issues getting into the paint and as I said before I don't think he has even dunked once the entire playoffs. He has tweaked it on numerous occasions in both series as well. Respect him for playing but he has had to hit 3's at a ridiculous clip to score in the playoffs. That combined with no Conley just killed us because he's really our only player that can consistently create his own offense and get into the paint. 

Not trying to be funny, but you sound like me with the Lakers against the Suns with the injuries like with Bron’s ankle and then AD. Hate to see it. This has been a crappy postseason for injuries. Still don’t know if Kawhi will be back these playoffs or not, so this really favors Phoenix no matter what. I know Paul is out with COVID but since he’s vaccinated he may come back earlier than expected and they are in great shape health wise. Really seems like the West is gonna go through them. But, yeah back to the Jazz… without his ability to drive to the rim as much from Mitchell and no Conley it has made Utah too predictable and the Clippers have the personnel to guard the perimeter and you don’t have a big that will punish them when they go small. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Me either. I also didn't know that Mitchell is so injured he was having issues even walking after the game. 

He didn’t look THAT bad during the game like yeah it’s obvious he’s not completely healthy, but I imagine when the adrenaline wears off and you aren’t moving it gets stiffer and a lot more sore. That’s the thing with these lower body injuries is that usually when you are dealing with something it’s only gonna get worse, especially when most of these series don’t even really have two games off between any games now.

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He didn’t look THAT bad during the game like yeah it’s obvious he’s not completely healthy, but I imagine when the adrenaline wears off and you aren’t moving it gets stiffer and a lot more sore. That’s the thing with these lower body injuries is that usually when you are dealing with something it’s only gonna get worse, especially when most of these series don’t even really have two games off between any games now.

Have you watched him play a lot? His biggest strength is his ability to blow by guys, finish in traffic, and finish above the rim. He hasn't been able to do any of those things for the last 3 games. Credit to the Clippers defense as well but he's clearly not nearly as explosive as he typically is and it's why he's taking so many 3's off the bounce. He averaged around 8.7 3PA in the regular season and he's averaging 13 per game in the series including 3 games where he has taken 14+ 3's. He also hasn't really gotten to the line at all outside of one game. 

We also got kind of screwed because we have had to play every game on only one days rest, we've literally played every other day. 

Even when you look at the Memphis series he averaged 8.8 3PA and didn't attempt more than 10 3's in any game. 

In the regular season Mitchell didn't have 14+ 3PA in any game all year and he has had 3 games with 14+ in this series already. Hell he only had one game with 13 3PA and that's what he's averaging per game against the Clippers. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Have you watched him play a lot? His biggest strength is his ability to blow by guys, finish in traffic, and finish above the rim. He hasn't been able to do any of those things for the last 3 games. Credit to the Clippers defense as well but he's clearly not nearly as explosive as he typically is and it's why he's taking so many 3's off the bounce. He averaged around 8.7 3PA in the regular season and he's averaging 13 per game in the series including 3 games where he has taken 14+ 3's. He also hasn't really gotten to the line at all outside of one game. 

No. I’m aware. I just didn’t think it looked like he could barely walk.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We also got kind of screwed because we have had to play every game on only one days rest, we've literally played every other day.

Literally said that in my post, but yeah anyone with an injury is getting screwed by that. Not sure why they can’t have 2 days between at least between games 2 and 3 or 4 and 5.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

No. I’m aware. I just didn’t think it looked like he could barely walk.

Literally said that in my post, but yeah anyone with an injury is getting screwed by that. Not sure why they can’t have 2 days between at least between games 2 and 3 or 4 and 5.

He was reportedly in a ton of pain and as I said we may not even risk playing him in game 6. Hopefully Conley returns but it's unlikely. He'll probably sit out so he can be healthy and finesse a team like the Bulls or Knicks out of the bag in free agency. 

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was reportedly in a ton of pain and as I said we may not even risk playing him in game 6. Hopefully Conley returns but it's unlikely. He'll probably sit out so he can be healthy and finesse a team like the Bulls or Knicks out of the bag in free agency. 

We’ll see. I think they’ll at least let him give it a go. It’s do-or-die.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If we are taking regular season and postseason into account he’s the coach of the year IMO, especially when you take into account how many games their key players missed. 

Ibaka - 31 games 

Leonard - 20 games

George - 18 games

Morris - 15 games

They shot a top 5 percentage from 3PT all time this year and yeah that was without fans but you could tell super early in the season how much better their ball movement looked compared to the Rivers team.

I'd say McMillan's candidacy has taken a major bump this postseason.