Around the Division

onejayhawk

11 hours ago, BigTrav said:

We will. And maybe one other. I'd go LAC

Or two. Three playoff teams from the division is possible and fairly likely. Except for Baltimore or Cincinnati the second tier teams are not impressive and three team go.

J

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Or two. Three playoff teams from the division is possible and fairly likely. Except for Baltimore or Cincinnati the second tier teams are not impressive and three team go.

J

No, they're not. However, will we be beating up on each other? I have a fairly consistent, above average line for all team in the div. Something like

1st: 11

2nd: 10

3rd: 9

4th: 9

Probably wrong, but this is my predictions. They're roughly around the over/under lines. I could see a Baltimore getting 10 or 11 but then again I always overrate them

I think you are being generous to the Raiders. They're dangerous improved but not on the same level as the other teams. If they go 1-5 in division they need to go 8-3 against th rest of the league. 

That said, they were 2nd in the division last year. They could surprise me. 

“ Turner certainly wasn’t the only free agent drawn to Denver in part by Wilson. Broncos edge defender Randy Gregory said he appreciated Wilson being so dedicated in recruiting him, and Wilson also influenced defensive lineman DJ Jones’ decision to sign with Denver.”

There was a point when some thought the Chiefs had a recruiting advantage thanks to Patrick Mahomes. While that advantage surely still exists, the reality is that it exists for the rest of the AFC West as well. There are plenty of guys who’d love to play for Wilson, Justin Herbert and Derek Carr.

I believe there to be an element of truth in that, but call me cynical, I think these players just follow the money. "Wilson played a part in recruiting me", yeah let's see if he would have recruited you if Denver offered 15% less bonus/wage than some other team. I also don't buy Carr has any sway over Mahomes at all. Who would a player rather play with out of those two

3 hours ago, BigTrav said:

“ Turner certainly wasn’t the only free agent drawn to Denver in part by Wilson. Broncos edge defender Randy Gregory said he appreciated Wilson being so dedicated in recruiting him, and Wilson also influenced defensive lineman DJ Jones’ decision to sign with Denver.”

There was a point when some thought the Chiefs had a recruiting advantage thanks to Patrick Mahomes. While that advantage surely still exists, the reality is that it exists for the rest of the AFC West as well. There are plenty of guys who’d love to play for Wilson, Justin Herbert and Derek Carr.

I believe there to be an element of truth in that, but call me cynical, I think these players just follow the money. "Wilson played a part in recruiting me", yeah let's see if he would have recruited you if Denver offered 15% less bonus/wage than some other team. I also don't buy Carr has any sway over Mahomes at all. Who would a player rather play with out of those two

I think some of it depends on the player.  For Adams, a huge part was Carr, but less because he thinks he’s better than Rodgers.

13 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Of Mahomes, Wilson, Herbert, Carr, who does not make the Pro Bowl? 

J

With he draft this week, here is a look at the rest of the division. While the Chiefs have a lot of capital, the rest of the division has spent a chunk already. The Chargers have as much left as the Raiders and Broncos combined while the Chiefs have almost as much as all three combined.

One humerous note: We have four picks before Denver or Las Vegas have one.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/afc-west-weekly-chiefs-broncos-chargers-raiders-draft-capital-review/

Edited by onejayhawk

• 3 weeks later...

We know our schedule is vicious, but the other teams in the division have to play us twice. Things are tough all over. Here is an assessment of where the divison teams stand with respect to their schedule. All four SoS project in the top half of the league for difficulty (we have the hardest).
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/afc-west-weekly-chargers-broncos-raiders-2022-schedule-record-predictions/

On 5/15/2022 at 7:51 PM, onejayhawk said:

We know our schedule is vicious, but the other teams in the division have to play us twice. Things are tough all over. Here is an assessment of where the divison teams stand with respect to their schedule. All four SoS project in the top half of the league for difficulty (we have the hardest).
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/afc-west-weekly-chargers-broncos-raiders-2022-schedule-record-predictions/

Exactly 

2022_Broncos_Schedule.png

L (emotional game for both Wilson and Seattle), W, L, L, W, L, W, W - bye - L, W, W, L, W, W, L, L, W

Got them for 9. Gave them a split with us. It's a tough schedule 

2022_Raiders_Schedule.png

L, W, L, W, L - bye - W, L, W, W, L, W, W, L, W, W, L, W

2022_Chargers_Schedule.png

W, L, W, W, W, W, W - bye - W, L, W, W, L, W, W, L, L, L

This is the easiest schedule in the div. 11 wins