Who Allowed all those Sacks !?

RSkinGM

Just read ( you can look it up ) that WFT allowed 50 sacks, tied with two other teams for second most . Eaglets had 65-dammm ! Anyway, I looked up our starters. Lucas 2 , Schweitzer 5, Roullier 1 ( shocked ! ) Scherff 1, Moses 5. Totals 14. Where do the other 36 sacks come in ? Wes Martin had 4. Christian had 6 ! No idea he played that badly !! No wonder we cut him . David Sharpe only allowed 1 in 184 snaps ! So that's 25 sacks. Are the other 25 on the running backs, TEs, Team sacks . ? 

I was surprised to realize we were so bad in this catergory . Pittsburg only had 14 ! Green bay 21 . Tampa Bay 22 .

I’d have to know what metrics they are using for who gave up the sack. As Slappy said, some were probably assigned to our RBs & TEs, and some were probably assigned to the QB himself.

A lot of our sacks I’m sure were the fault of our QBs. Haskins took some bad sacks as did Kyle Allen. Alex Smith couldn’t move outside the pocket so I’m sure he took some sacks that were just attributed to him as well.

I remember back in 2013 & 2014 having this discussion about RG3. People were accusing our OL of giving up a lot of sacks - I was guilty of this - when if you watched the games a lot of the sacks were on RG3 not getting rid of the ball on time or running around trying to make a play that was never there and then taking a bad sack.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’d have to know what metrics they are using for who gave up the sack. As Slappy said, some were probably assigned to our RBs & TEs, and some were probably assigned to the QB himself.

A lot of our sacks I’m sure were the fault of our QBs. Haskins took some bad sacks as did Kyle Allen. Alex Smith couldn’t move outside the pocket so I’m sure he took some sacks that were just attributed to him as well.

I remember back in 2013 & 2014 having this discussion about RG3. People were accusing our OL of giving up a lot of sacks - I was guilty of this - when if you watched the games a lot of the sacks were on RG3 not getting rid of the ball on time or running around trying to make a play that was never there and then taking a bad sack.

Yeah, very incomplete set of stats . !

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/team-sacks-allowed-2020

On 6/14/2021 at 1:46 PM, turtle28 said:

I was arguing the bolded and telling people that our RT wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. I mean he wasn't great, but he wasn't world-beating bad either. Griffin caused most of his sacks. He would drop back 7 yards and then go back 5+ more yards and drift to the right. Right into where the RT had pushed his man. I mean, when you're an OT and on a pass play you drive/ride your man 10+ yards deep and past the LOS, all the QB has to do is step up in the pocket and/or slide right or left. Robert would drift back to where the Tackles had "Won" against their man and caused the sack himself. And then everyone blamed the OL for his sack. And people on here were calling me all sorts of "crazy" for my insistence it was, mostly, Griffin's fault.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I was arguing the bolded and telling people that our RT wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. I mean he wasn't great, but he wasn't world-beating bad either. Griffin caused most of his sacks. He would drop back 7 yards and then go back 5+ more yards and drift to the right. Right into where the RT had pushed his man. I mean, when you're an OT and on a pass play you drive/ride your man 10+ yards deep and past the LOS, all the QB has to do is step up in the pocket and/or slide right or left. Robert would drift back to where the Tackles had "Won" against their man and caused the sack himself. And then everyone blamed the OL for his sack. And people on here were calling me all sorts of "crazy" for my insistence it was, mostly, Griffin's fault.

You're 100% right ~! AND Kyle Allen seems to have a penchant to run into sacks. That's how he broke his ankle . stepped back into a sack when he needed to step up !

• Like 2