2022 where we finally are rebuilt draft thread

18 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I wonder if anyone here has been saying this for a while. 

Yeah, seems like a lot of people have been pushing Ickey as far as what they’re hearing for us since the combine stuff started.

Interesting we may like Cross more too. Elite in pass pro, but not sure I like him as much as Ekwonu/Neal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, seems like a lot of people have been pushing Ickey as far as what they’re hearing for us since the combine stuff started.

Interesting we may like Cross more too. Elite in pass pro, but not sure I like him as much as Ekwonu/Neal.

Cross is probably a better fit schematically based off of what has been said but I don't like him for us just because he's LT-only. I'd like someone who has the ability to play RT (or elsewhere) if necessary. 

• Like 1

I still have my reservations on Hutch’s ceiling as a pass rusher, but the performance today to go along with what he put on tape this year has me firmly in the camp of being cool with taking him at 1. The lack of bend and how stiff he was in agility drills is still worrisome to me but in this class unless you go OT I don’t really see a better prospect besides possibly Thibodeaux, who league circles seem to be a lot less in love with than most thought coming into the process.

Prefer Ekwonu/Neal and maybe even Cross (although as Flux said, LT only given our current roster constructs is less than ideal), but if we address OT via FA or bringing back Cam than Hutch is the most logical choice.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I still have my reservations on Hutch’s ceiling as a pass rusher, but the performance today to go along with what he put on tape this year has me firmly in the camp of being cool with taking him at 1. The lack of bend and how stiff he was in agility drills is still worrisome to me but in this class unless you go OT I don’t really see a better prospect besides possibly Thibodeaux, who league circles seem to be a lot less in love with than most thought coming into the process.

Prefer Ekwonu/Neal and maybe even Cross (although as Flux said, LT only given our current roster constructs is less than ideal), but if we address OT via FA or bringing back Cam than Hutch is the most logical choice.

hutch just feels more natural as a 4-3 Base end who can slide inside in nickle.  i wonder how Hutch would do as a 3-4 end. 

i also dont like Hutchinsons arm length. 

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That 3 cone time, did it alleviate any of the bend concerns? 

Hutch had a good 10 yard split and a phenomenal 3 cone time.