2022 where we finally are rebuilt draft thread

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

ARob and his production fell off a cliff last year. He’s had to work with bad QB play his whole career and just had the worst season of his career. If our plan to help Trevor is just to sign ARob and nab a mid round receiver (hoping we somehow strike gold on a guy that got overlooked and fell that far) then that’s a terrible plan.

Just put him through one of the worst supporting casts a highly drafted rookie QB has been put through. Get him all the weapons he needs and then add more to it. We literally saw what Cincy did for Burrow right in front of our eyes with the drafting of Higgins at the top of round 2 and Chase with a top 5 pick last year. 

And what did Cincy do in the super bowl. They took a big L cuz their OL couldn't protect Burrows. 

Not saying Cincinnati made a mistake taking chase over Sewell but they made a massive mistake not attending his Protection. 

44 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

if it was that simple then you wouldn't see those WRs you listed going where they have gone when many lesser WRs have gone in the top 40

the you can find good players at so and so position later in the draft argument can be used about basically every position other than QB

I'm saying we need to keep Lawrence from ending up like David Carr and to an extent Joe Burrow's. 

Burrows sacked

32 in 10 games due to a torn ACL

51 regular season 18 regular season. 

Tell me how giving him a wr coming off injury (London, Williams, metchie) and pretty much just coming back from injury(Pickens) is going to help this team more then getting a starting trench guy since 3/5 of the starting OL are free agents, and our edge rushers are josh Allen and a rotation edge in smoot. 

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

And what did Cincy do in the super bowl. They took a big L cuz their OL couldn't protect Burrows. 

Not saying Cincinnati made a mistake taking chase over Sewell but they made a massive mistake not attending his Protection. 

Jesus.

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

The man has taken 100 sacks in 2 years plus a torn ACL. 

Clearly they didn't invest in protection

Buddy you are missing the point.

This OL isn’t even close to that OL as far as ineptness. One of Trevor’s best traits is pocket presence and eluding rushers (which is backed up by advanced metrics). No one is saying to not worry about OL/trenches (hell, my first post on this page literally has it listed), but we saw competent protection last year and ineptness offensively due to a lack of playmakers, not protection. Both need to be addressed, but multiple outside playmakers are vital for Trevor’s development. 

Also feel much better about getting interior OL in rounds 3-5 than finding a potential long term WR1. That’s literally the meat and bones for finding guards and centers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I'm saying we need to keep Lawrence from ending up like David Carr and to an extent Joe Burrow's. 

Burrows sacked

32 in 10 games due to a torn ACL

51 regular season 18 regular season. 

Tell me how giving him a wr coming off injury (London, Williams, metchie) and pretty much just coming back from injury(Pickens) is going to help this team more then getting a starting trench guy since 3/5 of the starting OL are free agents, and our edge rushers are josh Allen and a rotation edge in smoot. 

We can still go OL at #1. not to mention that better weapons = less time having to hold the football. one of Trevor's strengths too is pocket manipulation. He made the OL look better than it was for a good chunk of the season. I'm not as worried right now about protecting Trevor as I am with giving him more weapons to actually be able to do things on offense. The OL needs improved, but WR is the #1 need heading into the offseason and it really isn't close.

The argument about the WR class being deep so grab one later is also an argument that can be used for the EDGE class. It's a deep EDGE class and I think there's a better chance of us grabbing a net+ EDGE at the top of the 3rd than a net+ WR. I'm also interested in seeing what Jordan Smith can do since we didn't really get a chance in 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Cincinnati had a pretty improbable run considering how poorly their o-line played.  I doubt many teams are using them as a  blueprint. 

58 minutes ago, Charles said:

Cincinnati had a pretty improbable run considering how poorly their o-line played.  I doubt many teams are using them as a  blueprint. 

They went from being a trash franchise to drafting their franchise QB, surrounding him with weapons, and now having likely a long term competitive window. Think you could think of worse blueprints. Doesn’t mean you copy everything they’ve done (especially if they have done things poorly, like not addressing the OL more).

1. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State
33. David Bell, WR, Purdue
65. Travis Jones, IDL, UConn
70. Nik Bonitto, EDGE, Oklahoma
104. Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
156. Cole Strange, IOL, Chattanooga
178. Haskell Garrett, IDL, Ohio State
186. Pierre Strong Jr., RB, South Dakota State
195. Matt Hankins, CB, Iowa
196. Joshua Ross, ILB, Michigan
219. Nick Muse, TE, South Carolina
232. Isaiah Pola-Mao, S, USC

• Like 1

1. Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE, Oregon starting edge

33. DeMarvin Leal IDL, Texas A&M starting 3tech

65. Darian Kinnard OL, Kentucky can play guard or RT. Should be a capable starter at both

70. Calvin Austin lll WR, Memphis speedy undersized wr.  Similar to Mooney.

104. Rasheed Walker OT, Penn state potential starting rt

156. Damarri Mathis DB, Pittsburgh slot corner. 

178. D'Marco Jackson LB, Appalachian state Mike lb depth

186. Lecitus Smith IOL, Virginia Tech future starting g

195. Cole Turner TE, Nevada TE depth.

196. Josh Williams CB, Fayetteville State future starting cb.  He's a big jar on the shelf with elite tools

219. Nick Grant S, Virginia safety depth. 

232. Samori Toure WR, Nebraska wr depth