2022 where we finally are rebuilt draft thread

On 4/12/2022 at 9:24 AM, .Buzz said:

It’s a lot of projection. That Georgia scheme didn’t have him focus on doing that so it was few and far between when he was asked to do so.

This is why scouting Walker is weird AF. In the above play, 44 holds the gap, sheds his guy like a boss, reads something with the qb, and then finds the guy that was blocking him so that he can block as if the interception was already made.

It was the spy's job to chase the qb, so 44 forgot him and went looking for work.  Weird, but coaches want it and he was being responsible.

Edited by Techbert
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Techbert said:

This is why scouting Walker is weird AF. In the above play, 44 holds the gap, sheds his guy like a boss, reads something with the qb, and then finds the guy that was blocking him so that he can block as if the interception was already made.

It was the spy's job to chase the qb, so 44 forgot him and went looking for work.  Weird, but coaches want it and he was being responsible.

It’s incredibly difficult. He played that role they asked him to do so damn well. 

A really fun player, and I get why he’s being talked about where he is especially after the testing. The traits are all there. But I still think as far as his pass rush arsenal there is still a good bit of work ahead. The upside is through the roof, but you need a staff that can unlock him.

Still, just don’t see how you can justify taking him over Hutch or Thibs. Guys being taken this high need to be able to rush the passer and I just didn’t see enough polish to justify the 1st overall pick. However, I also wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he’s a menace and ends up being the best player from this class. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

1. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
33. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
65. Travis Jones, IDL, UConn
70. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
106. Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
157. D'Marco Jackson, LB, Appalachian State
180. Verone McKinley III, S, Oregon
188. Matt Hankins, CB, Iowa
197. Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State
198. Zach Tom, OT, Wake Forest
222. Eric Ezukanma, WR, Texas Tech
235. Abram Smith, RB, Baylor

1. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
33. David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan
65. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
70. David Bell, WR, Purdue
106. Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
157. Obinna Eze, OT, TCU
180. Kalon Barnes, CB, Baylor
188. Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee
197. Eyioma Uwazurike, IDL, Iowa State
198. Thomas Booker, IDL, Stanford
222. Daniel Bellinger, TE, San Diego State
235. Luke Fortner, IOL, Kentucky

I like this, because Linderbaum seems one better than just basic house brand Linder.

1. Travon Walker EDGE Georgia starting edge

33. Kenyon Green OG Texas A&M starting g

65. David Ojabo EDGE Michigan high upside edge. Baalke special

70. John Metchie III WR Alabama baalke special

106. Channing Tindal lLB Georgia starting ilb

157. Sterling Weatherford S Miami-Oh potential starting ss

180. Marcus Jones CB Houston slot cb

188. Kellen Diesch OT Arizona State swing tackle

197. Daniel Bellinger TE San Diego State backup te

198. D'Vonte Price RB Florida International RB depth

222. Thomas Booker DT Stanford dl depth

235. Bo Melton WR Rutgers wr depth

19 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Doubtful that's the ONLY major issue.

He's not coming to Jacksonville to play non-playoff football.  lol.

Fairly sure the major issue for him has zero to do with playing on a contender or an organization who has proven to be competent if he’s trying to leave SF and one of the most gifted offensive minds in football.

Here's the results from a mock I participated in @EaglesPeteCran. 

MY plan was to give Trevor some help

Jags draft 

1) Evan Neal OT Alabama future Starting RT(start at g this year). I'm not buying a cam extension till it's actually signed

33) George Pickens WR Georgia starting wr.  

65) John Metchie III WR Alabama redshirt pick.  Wanted to go edge but I feel Metchie would be a great value and would be a baalke pick

70) Chad Muma ILB Wyoming starting ilb

106) Isaiah Thomas EDGE Oklahoma edge competition. 

157) Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati backup rb.  Keeps from rushing Robinson and Etienne back

180) Austin Allen TE Nebraska TE competition

188) Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky backup qb.  Shouldn't be here but a draft a backup makes sense. 

197) Mykael Wright CB Oregon future nickel

198) Sterling Weatherford S Miami (OH) safety depth

222) Esezi Otomewi DL Minnesota DL depth

235) Jeffrey Gunter EDGE Coastal Carolina edge competition

• Like 1

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Fairly sure the major issue for him has zero to do with playing on a contender or an organization who has proven to be competent if he’s trying to leave SF and one of the most gifted offensive minds in football.

Maybe that's only part of it.  But he's going to have a wide array of options that can provide both competitive playoff football, and not being a RB shortening his career.  Jacksonville isn't going to rate as a destination, for one of the most dynamic players in the NFL.

I mean, i'd love it.  But it's not happening.  If he ended up traded here, we'd be paying a steep price for a guy who is going to sit out and demand another trade.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Maybe that's only part of it.  But he's going to have a wide array of options that can provide both competitive playoff football, and not being a RB shortening his career.  Jacksonville isn't going to rate as a destination, for one of the most dynamic players in the NFL.

I mean, i'd love it.  But it's not happening.  If he ended up traded here, we'd be paying a steep price for a guy who is going to sit out and demand another trade.

I mean he has the no state tax thing down here in FL

Hey fellas - Lions fan here. 

While listening to DJ and Bucky, they referenced an internal discussion in Jacksonville where Pederson allegedly wants to draft Ekwonu while Baalke wants to draft Walker.

I'm curious on how you guys feel about the Jags selecting either of those two guys, whether they should take Hutchinson and/or whether you're worried about Walker's 10% win rate vs someone like Hutchinson who has a 25% win rate.