180. Kalon Barnes, CB, Baylor
188. Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee
197. Eyioma Uwazurike, IDL, Iowa State
198. Thomas Booker, IDL, Stanford
222. Daniel Bellinger, TE, San Diego State
235. Luke Fortner, IOL, Kentucky

Man…Hutchinson and Linderbaum. That’s so ****

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Man that would be so incredibly stupid. Dude has no pass rush moves. Looked great in shorts I suppose. 

He’s a monster in the run game and I see the appeal (he’s going top 5 regardless), but for this organization I’m definitely going to take the wait and see approach.

New coaching staff/regime, I get it, but I just don’t trust this organization to develop and this organization needs to hit on this pick in a desperate way. Hutch isn’t completely bust proof but I think it’s fairly likely at worst you’re getting a 6-8 sack guy who’s also stout in the run game right away imo.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

He’s a monster in the run game and I see the appeal (he’s going top 5 regardless), but for this organization I agree.

New coaching staff/regime, I get it, but I just don’t trust this organization to develop and this organization needs to hit on this pick in a desperate way. Hutch isn’t completely bust proof but I think it’s fairly likely at worst you’re getting an above average pass rusher who’s also stout in the run game.

Yeah…I pretty much have no confidence until the Jags prove it. Almost nobody saw him in the top 10 before the combine. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah…I pretty much have no confidence until the Jags prove it. Almost nobody saw him in the top 10 before the combine. 

To be fair, it’s not like these teams previously had him outside of that most likely. The combine is just when these analysts/reporters finally get to talk to GMs/scouts and see where these guys are at on actual NFL teams boards. 

But yeah, seeing unseen measurables/testing numbers certainly help. 

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

To be fair, it’s not like these teams previously had him outside of that most likely. The combine is just when these analysts/reporters finally get to talk to GMs/scouts and see where these guys are at on actual NFL teams boards. 

But yeah, seeing unseen measurables/testing numbers certainly help. 

Have you seen anything from thin that suggests that he is even capable of rushing the passer? Or is he going to play 5-T or 3-T? Because hoping that an athletic guy can learn to rush the passer doesn’t seem wise

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Have you seen anything from thin that suggests that he is even capable of rushing the passer? Or is he going to play 5-T or 3-T? Because hoping that an athletic guy can learn to rush the passer doesn’t seem wise

It’s a lot of projection. That Georgia scheme didn’t have him focus on doing that so it was few and far between when he was asked to do so.

I’ve already stated I want Hutch, but I get the appeal with a guy like him. As I’ve said, just don’t trust the organization. I’d prefer someone who’s farther along as a pass rusher (Hutch, Thibs, and even Jermaine Johnson although there’s zero chance he’d be a #1 overall target).

37 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It’s a lot of projection. That Georgia scheme didn’t have him focus on doing that so it was few and far between when he was asked to do so.

I’ve already stated I want Hutch, but I get the appeal with a guy like him. As I’ve said, just don’t trust the organization. I’d prefer someone who’s farther along as a pass rusher (Hutch, Thibs, and even Jermaine Johnson although there’s zero chance he’d be a #1 overall target).

I just have a hard time believing that you have this huge athletic DE that has elite pass rush ability and you don’t allow him to rush the QB. Coaches generally put their players in a position to thrive…and you have to trust that Georgia knew what they were doing. They didn’t give him the opportunity to play on the edge because it wasn’t his best fit. I’d never plan on using a player in the NFL differently than they were used in college…especially with the first overall pick. Im not trying to argue with you…im just trying to understand this crazy situation. Agreed…get any number of DEs before him. 

26 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I just have a hard time believing that you have this huge athletic DE that has elite pass rush ability and you don’t allow him to rush the QB. Coaches generally put their players in a position to thrive…and you have to trust that Georgia knew what they were doing. They didn’t give him the opportunity to play on the edge because it wasn’t his best fit. I’d never plan on using a player in the NFL differently than they were used in college…especially with the first overall pick. Im not trying to argue with you…im just trying to understand this crazy situation. Agreed…get any number of DEs before him. 

That’s just how the Georgia scheme is. Hell, Jermaine Johnson transferred to FSU to do more of what you’re referencing/to see the field more because he couldn’t with Walker and co. on that DL. Can’t say I agree with “if he was good at it they’d change there scheme due to him” when they are as good as they are. That’s their coaches/overall philosophy and it has worked for a long time.

Its just what they ask of there players. I certainly saw him dominate guys plenty of times (especially in the run game), but if we’re talking pass rush moves then yeah, that’s where my questions are. But the upside/talent is pretty clear watching him imo. Just need a staff that can unlock it all.