• Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/24/2021 at 12:00 AM

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You think Trae Young is a more difficult cover than Trae Young? And yeah Trae is quicker than KD but Giannis can negate some of that quickness by being a freak athlete with a huge size advantage. I think it's more difficult to defend a 6'11" 240 dude who you're going to have to be physical with to get him out of his rhythm then a 6'0" 175 dude especially when it comes to the energy output required. 

Both can hit him with a quick step back, but again much harder to defend a 6'11" guy who was hitting the 3 ball at an elite clip then a 6'0" dude who has struggled shooting the 3...

Hmm... that's a tough one. I don't know. I might go with Trae. ;)

No, but seriously... of course Durant is the tougher match-up. He's one of the most un-guardable and possibly thee most efficient offensive player ever. I get the point with not wanting Giannis on him much because he's not great on the perimeter, but I think he could've taken the assignment at times like down the stretch in 4th quarters, but its whatever.

I'm with you on Trae being a bit overrated as a shooter though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No, but seriously... of course Durant is the tougher match-up. He's one of the most un-guardable and possibly thee most efficient offensive player ever. I get the point with not wanting Giannis on him much because he's not great on the perimeter, but I think he could've taken the assignment at times like down the stretch in 4th quarters, but its whatever. And, I'm with you on Trae being a bit overrated as a shooter though.

I think it really just came down to the fact that the Bucks needed Giannis to carry the offensive load for them and it's tough to ask him to be the primary defender on KD all game while also having to score 35+ points offensively. 

Trae is 100% overrated as a shooter, people want to anoint him as the next Cury because of the similarities in their body types and play style. But he's a 34% career 3P shooter and as I mentioned before he has had 2 good 3 point shooting games the entire playoffs so far, if you remove those two, including through the first half tonight he's 30/106 (28%) from beyond the arc.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it really just came down to the fact that the Bucks needed Giannis to carry the offensive load for them and it's tough to ask him to be the primary defender on KD all game while also having to score 35+ points offensively. 

Again, you're twisting my words. I never ever wanted Giannis as the primary on KD for a game. I just wanted to see him to do it when KD was going off. Just take the challenge occasionally like the greats usually always do when its needed. 

Giannis definitely expends a ton of energy on offense with how his game is penetration heavy. He takes a ton of contact going to the cup. I'm sure that would wear on anyone. Even a freak like him.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trae is 100% overrated as a shooter, people want to anoint him as the next Cury because of the similarities in their body types and play style. But he's a 34% career 3P shooter and as I mentioned before he has had 2 good 3 point shooting games the entire playoffs so far, if you remove those two, including through the first half tonight he's 30/106 (28%) from beyond the arc.

Yeah. He's still impressed me a lot this postseason overall though. He's super tough to stop in the PnR game. He's had his games with some bad turnovers, but for the most part he usually has been great with his facilitating. I've been really impressed with him for his first postseason at 22. Teams need to learn to live with him shooting 3s where he is mediocre, especially the deep ones though. I got so annoyed when the Sixers would be over aggressive guarding him out there and then foul and send him for 3 FTs where he is an elite shooter. Like that is exactly what he wants... you idiots.

Forget taking out his two good games. I don't like doing that and its not even needed. Adding in what he's done today to his totals he's now at 39 of 123 from 3PT which is 31.7%.

He's really gotta improve from deep. Hasn't really done that in his first 3 seasons though.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. He's still impressed me a lot this postseason overall though. He's super tough to stop in the PnR game. He's had his games with some bad turnovers, but for the most part he usually has been great with his facilitating. I've been really impressed with him for his first postseason at 22. Teams need to learn to live with him shooting 3s where he is mediocre, especially the deep ones though. I got so annoyed when the Sixers would be over aggressive guarding him out there and then foul and send him for 3 FTs where he is an elite shooter. Like that is exactly what he wants... you idiots.

Forget taking out his two good games. I don't like doing that and its not even needed. Adding in what he's done today to his totals he's now at 39 of 123 from 3PT which is 31.7%.

He's really gotta improve from deep. Hasn't really done that in his first 3 seasons though.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Also the Trae/Steph comparisons need to stop, he's much closer to a smaller Harden than Curry. 

In Harden's first year as a starter in Houston he averaged 26 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists on 43% FG, 36% 3FG, 85% FT and he was playing at the two guard spot. He was also great at getting to the line averaging 10 FTA per game.

Trae Young this season averaged 25 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists on 43% FG, 34% 3FG, 89% FT and always had the ball in his hands as the PG. He was also great at getting to the line averaging 9 FTA per game. 

As I said earlier the Curry comparisons need to stop, he's essentially a smaller James Harden.