new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

17 hours ago, ragnarsrubes said:

Vike daddy u too, are you still writing poems? 

there once was a guy named Ben
who was a member way back when
he left, thinking the place was down the tubes
and came back this week, now named rubes
and today we feel whole again

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 6

Hey Guys, 

I had an account way back on the old site but lost the password and have lurked since but I want to jump back in. I was wisconsinviking way back then

Name: Andrew

Live in KC, Missouri [I hate the Chiefs with my whole heart and soul]

Favorite Viking: Harrison Smith

Favorite Non-Vikings: T.J. Watt, Maxx Crosby, Matt Stafford

I work as a Custodian at a K-12 College Prep School in KC, Play Poker Tournaments a lot of weekends, Also like Chess, Wrestling [Miz is my favorite wrestler in my lifetime hence part of why I named myself Miz-Viking this time. I also enjoy traveling when the chance comes up.

Edited by MIZ-Viking2293
  • Like 7

On 10/4/2024 at 7:39 PM, MIZ-Viking2293 said:

Hey Guys, 

I had an account way back on the old site but lost the password and have lurked since but I want to jump back in. I was wisconsinviking way back then

Name: Andrew

Live in KC, Missouri [I hate the Chiefs with my whole heart and soul]

Favorite Viking: Harrison Smith

Favorite Non-Vikings: T.J. Watt, Maxx Crosby, Matt Stafford

I work as a Custodian at a K-12 College Prep School in KC, Play Poker Tournaments a lot of weekends, Also like Chess, Wrestling [Miz is my favorite wrestler in my lifetime hence part of why I named myself Miz-Viking this time. I also enjoy traveling when the chance comes up.

Welcome back...I'm over on the KS side (in OP).  I don't hate the Chiefs, but I dislike them much more than I used to now that they are winners (I've even converted one of my former coworkers, whose a born and bred Kansan, but likes underdogs too).  😂

• Like 1

Hello fellow Vikings fans.

After amassing 2k posts I thought It was time to write an introduction.

30 years of age, English & I live in London and I work in finance.

growing up I played a ton of Rugby so I guess I have a liking to egg shaped balls and contact sports. As a teenager I was oblivious that American football even existed until i saw highlights of American football runs & hits on YouTube while watching Rugby highlights. I thought it looked really interesting so I started watching more highlights, reading power rankings, playing madden and learning about the sport. 

In 2009 was when I first decided to get serious and choose a team to support and in that season we all know how exciting the Vikings were so I chose them to be the team I'd support! the rest of my NFL fandom is history - 15 season as a Vikings fan & will be for the rest of my life!

I've been a long long long time lurker on the forum, i'm talking on the old site 10+ years ago. I had a account way back when but I've got no clue what the username or log in would be

With NFL gamepass I never miss a game & can go back and rewatch the late night kick offs the morning after.

One day I'll make a pilgrimage to Minneapolis to watch a game but so far I've not had the opportunity 

Skol Vikes

Edited by viking
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, viking said:

growing up I played a ton of Rugby so I guess I have a liking to egg shaped balls and contact sports. As a teenager I was oblivious that American football even existed until i saw highlights of American football runs & hits on YouTube while watching Rugby highlights. I thought it looked really interesting so I started watching more highlights, reading power rankings, playing madden and learning about the sport. 

In 2009 was when I first decided to get serious and choose a team to support and in that season we all know how exciting the Vikings were so I chose them to be the team I'd support! the rest of my NFL fandom is history - 15 season as a Vikings fan & will be for the rest of my life!

I've been a long long long time lurker on the forum, i'm talking on the old site 10+ years ago. I had a account way back when but I've got no clue what the username or log in would be

With NFL gamepass I never miss a game & can go back and rewatch the late night kick offs the morning after.

One day I'll make a pilgrimage to Minneapolis to watch a game but so far I've not had the opportunity 

Skol Vikes

It's great having you as an active member of the clan!  I am retired and the wife will be retiring early next year and we hope to cross the pond and spend a couple of weeks or more in the UK.  Cheers!

• Like 5

On 10/8/2024 at 5:18 PM, viking said:

Skol Vikes

Greetings fellow Brit, you definitely picked the most exciting year to support the Vikes. And at the same time got used to heartache that hopefully ends in the near future.

• Like 5