2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

15 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Hasn’t been a lot of chatter I’ve read regarding the Kings, outside of the “wanting to win now/playoff berth and trading for a vet”. 

The amount of pre-draft chatter/rumors have been historically low this year.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The amount of pre-draft chatter/rumors have been historically low this year.

This is the first draft I’m getting into in a while and I’ve been greatly disappointed by the lack of rumors haha. Somewhat interesting trade proposals though for the Kings. If I’m the Kings pick 4 is only moving if I’m getting back Beal, OG or Miles Bridges. Which means pick 4 is leaving and Jerami Grant is likely headed to Sac. Which I don’t honestly hate the talent, but 28 with a big contract upcoming seems underwhelming for pick 4.

16 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

This is the first draft I’m getting into in a while and I’ve been greatly disappointed by the lack of rumors haha. Somewhat interesting trade proposals though for the Kings. If I’m the Kings pick 4 is only moving if I’m getting back Beal, OG or Miles Bridges. Which means pick 4 is leaving and Jerami Grant is likely headed to Sac. Which I don’t honestly hate the talent, but 28 with a big contract upcoming seems underwhelming for pick 4.

Yeah it's been such a dry pre-draft cycle. I don't think that Beal, Bridges, or OG get moved on draft night. The guys I've heard as potential options for the Kings have been Julius Randle/11, Kyle Kuzma/10, Jerami Grant, Lu Dort/12, and Malcolm Brogdon. None of those would interest me if I were the Kings but you guys are just all over the place with your roster construction. 

I think the Kings should probably just stay put and go with Murray who can slot in immediately as a starter with Barnes/Sabonis in the front court. I think Ivey is a better prospect but I just don't like the fit with Fox/Mitchell.

One deal that I saw that I thought might be okay was John Collins/#16 for #4. Although I'm not sure how well Collins/Sabonis works together.

Edited by NYRaider

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it's been such a dry pre-draft cycle. I don't think that Beal, Bridges, or OG get moved on draft night. The guys I've heard as potential options for the Kings have been Julius Randle/11, Kyle Kuzma/10, Jerami Grant, Lu Dort/12, and Malcolm Brogdon. None of those would interest me if I were the Kings but you guys are just all over the place with your roster construction. 

I think the Kings should probably just stay put and go with Murray who can slot in immediately as a starter with Barnes/Sabonis in the front court. I think Ivey is a better prospect but I just don't like the fit with Fox/Mitchell.

One deal that I saw that I thought might be okay was John Collins/#16 for #4. Although I'm not sure how well Collins/Sabonis works together.

I forgot to mention Levine as well as players I’m moving 4 for. Randle is a terrible fit next to Sabonis so I’m all the way out on that. Dort and 12 is a hard pass from me as well Brogdon.

Id want more than just Grant from the Pistons if I’m moving 4. He’d fit very well with the Fox and the Ox but that’s just not enough to be handing the Pistons Ivey and Murray to go with Cade and Stewart. Pipe dream but give Bey and Grant for 4 and Barnes or Holmes and I’d be happy.

Collins and 16 doesn’t really move the needle for me either. Collins is nice player who could probably coexist with Sabonis and would be a nice running mate for Fox, give us a little more length too. But he doesn’t excel anywhere where the kings are pretty weak, defense and floor spacing with consistency. If we could get Collins, Huerter, 16 for 4, Barnes and roster fodder for salary purposes I guess, but I’m not loving that. 

17 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I forgot to mention Levine as well as players I’m moving 4 for. Randle is a terrible fit next to Sabonis so I’m all the way out on that. Dort and 12 is a hard pass from me as well Brogdon.

Id want more than just Grant from the Pistons if I’m moving 4. He’d fit very well with the Fox and the Ox but that’s just not enough to be handing the Pistons Ivey and Murray to go with Cade and Stewart. Pipe dream but give Bey and Grant for 4 and Barnes or Holmes and I’d be happy.

Collins and 16 doesn’t really move the needle for me either. Collins is nice player who could probably coexist with Sabonis and would be a nice running mate for Fox, give us a little more length too. But he doesn’t excel anywhere where the kings are pretty weak, defense and floor spacing with consistency. If we could get Collins, Huerter, 16 for 4, Barnes and roster fodder for salary purposes I guess, but I’m not loving that. 

You guys are just in a weird spot where you're stuck in between rebuilding and trying to be competitive right now. I personally don't think that Grant is worth the 4th pick but he might be the best guy on the market. It's going to be a weird offseason because most teams are cash strapped and the free agent class sucks. 

Do you think there's a chance you take Ivey?

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys are just in a weird spot where you're stuck in between rebuilding and trying to be competitive right now. I personally don't think that Grant is worth the 4th pick but he might be the best guy on the market. It's going to be a weird offseason because most teams are cash strapped and the free agent class sucks. 

Do you think there's a chance you take Ivey?

I definitely think there’s a chance, of the players likely left after the big 3 go 1, 2, 3 which after the Rockets-Mavs trade is a forgone conclusion now, Ivey has the most star potential. As everyone’s aware Kings, have and will draft anyone at any position regardless of what’s on their roster. Between those two points I say there’s a decent chance of them taking him. Selecting Ivey doesn’t mean the Kings day is done either, they could take Ivey and then dangle him in front of teams drafting later who maybe missed out on their guy and start trade talks from there.

Haliburton and Mitchell are very heady, cerebral players who were more of a finished product though, which is why I see Murray being the pick, along with his shooting, defensive effort, positional fit and line up flexibility he’d bring to the kings. 

Like I mentioned before, Barnes can be moved at the deadline if the season is a wash, or walks after the season and Murray easily steps into that role also freeing up cap space to go after a big name FA where the team still needs help. To rush this build to relevance in one offseason would be a very Kings thing to do, it won’t happen and will just hinder the future. Use it as a prep year, build a foundation, improve chemistry between core pieces, and let the new coaching staff get a feel for this roster and work with the players. 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

I definitely think there’s a chance, of the players likely left after the big 3 go 1, 2, 3 which after the Rockets-Mavs trade is a forgone conclusion now, Ivey has the most star potential. As everyone’s aware Kings, have and will draft anyone at any position regardless of what’s on their roster. Between those two points I say there’s a decent chance of them taking him. Selecting Ivey doesn’t mean the Kings day is done either, they could take Ivey and then dangle him in front of teams drafting later who maybe missed out on their guy and start trade talks from there.

Haliburton and Mitchell are very heady, cerebral players who were more of a finished product though, which is why I see Murray being the pick, along with his shooting, defensive effort, positional fit and line up flexibility he’d bring to the kings. 

The Kings drafting Ivey at #4 and then trading him to the highest bidder is probably their best option. 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Like I mentioned before, Barnes can be moved at the deadline if the season is a wash, or walks after the season and Murray easily steps into that role also freeing up cap space to go after a big name FA where the team still needs help. To rush this build to relevance in one offseason would be a very Kings thing to do, it won’t happen and will just hinder the future. Use it as a prep year, build a foundation, improve chemistry between core pieces, and let the new coaching staff get a feel for this roster and work with the players. 

The only "top" free agents set to hit the market next offseason are Andrew Wiggins and D'Angelo Russell

Don’t believe anybody that says this is an average draft or lacks talent. 

This draft is full of quality nba talent and Future all stars. 

I’m not sure if there’s an MVP level talent outside of Jabari, but there’s going to be a ton of all star significant players in the league. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Don’t believe anybody that says this is an average draft or lacks talent. 

This draft is full of quality nba talent and Future all stars. 

I’m not sure if there’s an MVP level talent outside of Jabari, but there’s going to be a ton of all star significant players in the league. 

I don't really view Jabari as an MVP talent but I agree that it's a pretty good class and there are a lot of guys that will have long careers. You think this draft is full of future All-Stars? Who do you think projects to be that good?