2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Yea I don’t think so either, I’d take Oubre pretty quickly although I wish he had 1 more year on his contract. 

Oubre's probably one of the better players you can land, not too many teams in the market for a center. If you guys could land OG Anunoby for #4 that'd be ideal but I'm not sure they're ready to move off him.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Oubre's probably one of the better players you can land, not too many teams in the market for a center. If you guys could land OG Anunoby for #4 that'd be ideal but I'm not sure they're ready to move off him.

That’s my number 1 want this offseason. The quickest way for the Kings to reach relevancy in my mind is OG for 4. And I’d think the Raptors would be about it too giving them a line up of FVV - Ivey - Barnes - Siakam - Birch with Gary Trent and Precious their first off the bench. Frees up all the minutes for Barnes and gives him a running mate after FVV and Siakam.

Kings could then swap Holmes for Oubre, resign Damion Jones, Trey Lyles and maybe get another big with some floor spacing. Draft some shoot first wings in the 2nd and hope you get lucky. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

That’s my number 1 want this offseason. The quickest way for the Kings to reach relevancy in my mind is OG for 4. And I’d think the Raptors would be about it too giving them a line up of FVV - Ivey - Barnes - Siakam - Birch with Gary Trent and Precious their first off the bench. Frees up all the minutes for Barnes and gives him a running mate after FVV and Siakam.

Kings could then swap Holmes for Oubre, resign Damion Jones, Trey Lyles and maybe get another big with some floor spacing. Draft some shoot first wings in the 2nd and hope you get lucky. 

Mitchell - Fox - OG - Barnes - Sabonis

That's actually a pretty solid lineup for sure. I can't wait to see how everything shakes out and hope the rumor mill starts to churn now that the finals are over.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Mitchell - Fox - OG - Barnes - Sabonis

That's actually a pretty solid lineup for sure. I can't wait to see how everything shakes out and hope the rumor mill starts to churn now that the finals are over.

Definitely is better than what we’ve been running out there both offensively and more importantly defensively with youth to grow and build around. I actually think DDV would get the nod over Mitchell. Mitchell would be our 6th man. Figure out a way to land Mamba and hope his range percentages continue to improve and try him out with Sabonis in big ball line ups. Land Fox’s friend Malik Monk on the cheap for some bench points. 

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Definitely is better than what we’ve been running out there both offensively and more importantly defensively with youth to grow and build around. I actually think DDV would get the nod over Mitchell. Mitchell would be our 6th man. Figure out a way to land Mamba and hope his range percentages continue to improve and try him out with Sabonis in big ball line ups. Land Fox’s friend Malik Monk on the cheap for some bench points. 

I think there's a decent chance that the Magic let Bamba walk if he gets a sizeable offer sheet.

I actually really like a lot of wings later in this years draft. 

• Dalen Terry, Arizona (6'7" 195, 7'1" WS)

• Jalen Williams, Santa Clara (6'6" 210, 7'2" WS)

• Bryce McGowens, Nebraska (6'7" 181, 6'9" WS)

• Wendell Moore, Duke (6'6" 210, 7'0" WS) 

All of these guys are big wings with playmaking/two way potential. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

Assuming the first 4 are Jabari, Chet, Banchero, and Ivey. Does Detroit play it safe with someone like Murray or Mathurin, or do they swing for the fences with Sharpe?

@Sllim Pickens @catcheryea

Troy Weaver has shown in the past that he's willing to take chances on raw players with elite physical tools. I think I'd probably be inclined to take Sharpe if I were the Pistons. He's definitely the biggest boom/bust player in the class but if he hits, Sharpe/Cade could be a championship level duo.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming the first 4 are Jabari, Chet, Banchero, and Ivey. Does Detroit play it safe with someone like Murray or Mathurin, or do they swing for the fences with Sharpe?

@Sllim Pickens @catcheryea

Troy Weaver has shown in the past that he's willing to take chances on raw players with elite physical tools. I think I'd probably be inclined to take Sharpe if I were the Pistons. He's definitely the biggest boom/bust player in the class but if he hits, Sharpe/Cade could be a championship level duo.

That’s tough. I’d probably prefer Sharpe but would be ok with Murray.  It would be ideal to go Murray and then move Grant for a pick to draft Sharpe.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That’s tough. I’d probably prefer Sharpe but would be ok with Murray.  It would be ideal to go Murray and then move Grant for a pick to draft Sharpe.  

I was solid at Ivey>>>>Sharpe>>Murray but all these reports of poor workouts is a bit concerning. Could be draft smoke screens but it’s been multiple teams.