2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I could see it.  I think Murray has a higher floor but a lower ceiling.  So if thats the case it would likely be because Banchero never develops more so than Murray being a star. 

Murray's ceiling is higher due to his ability to play both ends of the floor. His overall skillset is superior to Banchero in pretty much every way sans playmaking. Even then, Murray laps him as an overall scorer on the offensive side. 

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Chet fits everywhere better than Paolo as I think he can be a 3-5 at times and is just the better player.  But I also don't think OKC will pass that up if he is available for just 17.  

They could potentially package 12/17 to get back up and add a 2nd player they really like though. I don't think either of the top 2 teams trade their picks. Houston might but I doubt it as well.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Would you rather have Jayson Tatum or Blake Griffin? Because that's basically what you're choosing from when choosing between Keegan Murray and Paolo Banchero when discussing their ceilings.

so you are saying murray is going to be tatum?  LOL?

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm saying that's his ceiling, yes. He's better than Banchero, especially at the NBA level. Murray with spacing is going to be a walking bucket.

when was the last time a 22 year old picked in the top 10 actually because a legit good nba player?

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

when was the last time a 22 year old picked in the top 10 actually because a legit good nba player?

Pascal Siakam wasn't picked in the top 10 but he was an older first round pick that has become an All-Star.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

he can be a legit 3 and d role player.  thats valuable in the nba.  its not worth trading back from the 3rd pick if you are the Rockets. 

Griffin's upside is much higher than just a 3&D role player, he's just scratching the surface of what he can be as a player. He can be Jimmy Butler with elite 3P shooting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Murray isn't your typical 22 year old, my dude, his body is still developing. Regardless, his skillset and tape do the talking. This isn't Thomas Robinson, where he's maxed out physically. You can't teach his skillset and the natural feel he has as a scorer.

Banchero will be 20 in November and he's maxed out physically. So what exactly does age have to do with their body types? 

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

he can be a legit 3 and d role player.  thats valuable in the nba.  its not worth trading back from the 3rd pick if you are the Rockets. 

Man, you cannot be more off on these prospects than you've been today lol