2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It would make sense but I would want the Pistons to move up for Ivey if anything.  Unless Chet is there at 3.  And not sure I am willing to give a 2024 first when we can stand pat and get one of the top 5 guys (including Sharpe).  Also the Pistons second is pick 46 so not as good as 31. 

we also can't trade a first until 2028 or 2029

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I could see OKC wanting to move from 2 to 3 for 17 and then potentially packaging 12/17 to move back up.

I think that would depend on Orlando.  I think OKC wants Chet and if he is gone they would be willing to do that but if not then I would think they grab Chet.  Also not sure Houston wants to do that as there isnt a huge gap between Jabari, Paolo, and Ivey. 

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Keegan Murray's going to be better than Banchero but go off (again).

I could see it.  I think Murray has a higher floor but a lower ceiling.  So if thats the case it would likely be because Banchero never develops more so than Murray being a star. 

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think that would depend on Orlando.  I think OKC wants Chet and if he is gone they would be willing to do that but if not then I would think they grab Chet.  Also not sure Houston wants to do that as there isnt a huge gap between Jabari, Paolo, and Ivey. 

It comes down to fit though. Chet fits better with Houston than Paolo does, imo.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It comes down to fit though. Chet fits better with Houston than Paolo does, imo.

I think Chet fits everywhere better than Paolo as I think he can be a 3-5 at times and is just the better player.  But I also don't think OKC will pass that up if he is available for just 17.