2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ousane Dieng might be the biggest steal in the draft this year.

Jovic will be. His overall game is absolutely perfect for the modern NBA. I, honestly, do not understand why he's trending late lottery. I feel like he's going to go a lot higher than the boards are projecting.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Green and Ivey is a special backcourt from an athleticism standpoint. I don't think I'm passing on that for someone that'll have the impact of a Julius Randle type player, in Banchero.

Jaden Ivey at #3, Nikola Jovic at #17 is the way to go

if it was pick 4 absolutely.  when the 3 best players from the draft are bigs which the Rockets really need then its no way you pass on that for Ivey.  

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

if it was pick 4 absolutely.  when the 3 best players from the draft are bigs which the Rockets really need then its no way you pass on that for Ivey.  

That's entirely subjective. I can just as well argue that Ivey's the best player in this class. You draft for upside early in the draft, not need, and Ivey's one of the very few that have superstar traits. Take a big at 17, don't force it at 3. If Stone does his due diligence and deems that Ivey's the right pick, he's a smart man.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Jovic will be. His overall game is absolutely perfect for the modern NBA. I, honestly, do not understand why he's trending late lottery. I feel like he's going to go a lot higher than the boards are projecting.

L you think he can defend at a high level?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

That's entirely subjective. I can just as well argue that Ivey's the best player in this class. You draft for upside early in the draft, not need, and Ivey's one of the very few that have superstar traits. Take a big at 17, don't force it at 3. If Stone does his due diligence and deems that Ivey's the right pick, he's a smart man.

Didn’t the Rockets just draft two big men as well? 

And as you said value is subjective. Green / Cade were the consensus top 2 guys last year. Mobley and Barnes could easily be the two best players from the draft. 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Stone literally has the easiest job in the world come draft night.  He would be crazy to blow it and make a bad decision.

Is Paolo really a huge upgrade from Wood in terms of what he does for your team?

Just now, NYRaider said:

L you think he can defend at a high level?

Not for a while and probably not ever but you never know with these kids. Offensively, he's a perfect stretch 4, in the mold of Danilo Gallinari, and he comes with the same type of limitations.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And as you said value is subjective. Green / Cade were the consensus top 2 guys last year. Mobley and Barnes could easily be the two best players from the draft. 

Yeah, they took Sengun and Garuba.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just don’t think either guy project as good defenders, especially Sengun.

And you might be absolutely right.  I just feel like its too early to judge that assessment.  I still would take him at 3 and give it time to see if they can play together defensively.  If the Rockets were smart they would surround them with a legit defensive wing like Tari Eason at pick 17. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Drafting 2 big men dont preclude them from taking one this year.   They also took 2 guards last year as well. 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

And you might be absolutely right.  I just feel like its too early to judge that assessment.  I still would take him at 3 and give it time to see if they can play together defensively.  If the Rockets were smart they would surround them with a legit defensive wing like Tari Eason at pick 17. 

Paolo might be a decent defender but I personally don't think Sengun ever will be. Paolo is also just okay as a shooter and Sengun can't shoot so not sure it's a great fit offensively either. Then you'd add Eason, another non-shooter when you just added Garubu?