2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I dont like Murray at the 3.  If I'm Presti I would take Sharpe at 4. 

Murray doesn't seem to fit their mold, I'd bet that they're moving back to take Sharpe while hedging their bet by acquiring additional draft assets. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Some chatter that the Jazz could send Royce O'Neale to Brooklyn for #23. 

Would love to add Jalen Williams there if we could. Someone like Kendall Brown, Caleb Houstan, or Patrick Baldwin Jr there wouldn't be bad either. 

You haven’t watched Caleb Houstan play basketball I take it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The NBA draft is about projection, he reportedly has a 1st round promise already.

I feel like there are a few of these guys that had first round grades last year coming into the year and failed miserably.  Houston, Max Christie, Peyton Watson, Patrick Baldwin etc.  All should have gone back to school but will stay in the draft and end up in the G league next year.  I am guessing none of them go in the first round. 

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like there are a few of these guys that had first round grades last year coming into the year and failed miserably.  Houston, Max Christie, Peyton Watson, Patrick Baldwin etc.  All should have gone back to school but will stay in the draft and end up in the G league next year.  I am guessing none of them go in the first round. 

ESPN’s Jonathan Givony, who has been the point man on most Houstan news developments, took it a step further Monday. He says that there is a growing belief around the league that Houstan might have a first-round promise.

It'd make sense that he has a promise, some have guessed OKC at #30, because IIRC he shut it down for the rest of the pre-draft process. 

PBJ is actually in the transfer portal and hasn't hired an agent yet, he should definitely return to school. Going to play for his dad was a huge mistake and I hope that other top guys see Emoni and PBJ as reasons not to go to lesser programs with worse coaches because of family connections.

I agree that Christie and Watson made a mistake, I hope Keels makes the smart decision and comes back.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It'd make sense that he has a promise, some have guessed OKC at #30, because IIRC he shut it down for the rest of the pre-draft process. 

PBJ is actually in the transfer portal and hasn't hired an agent yet, he should definitely return to school. Going to play for his dad was a huge mistake and I hope that other top guys see Emoni and PBJ as reasons not to go to lesser programs with worse coaches because of family connections.

I agree that Christie and Watson made a mistake, I hope Keels makes the smart decision and comes back.

Those first round promises are a joke at this point.  So many hear they have them and fall to the second or go undrafted.  Especially this early in the process.  I didnt realize PBJ is in the portal but that is a good move.  His athleticism is so bad he needs to show something elite before trying to get drafted. 

Houston has athleticism at least but he looks like another Aaron Henry type to me.  He might get drafted on potential but he sure didnt do anything during the season to deserve it. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Those first round promises are a joke at this point.  So many hear they have them and fall to the second or go undrafted.  Especially this early in the process.  I didnt realize PBJ is in the portal but that is a good move.  His athleticism is so bad he needs to show something elite before trying to get drafted. 

Houston has athleticism at least but he looks like another Aaron Henry type to me.  He might get drafted on potential but he sure didnt do anything during the season to deserve it. 

Yeah he entered the portal but also declared for the draft so all of his options are open. Would be pretty dumb to stay in at this point though.

Houstan declining to workout at the combine is a pretty bold move. 

He kind of reminds me as Zaire Williams as a prospect. Former top 10 recruit that didn't live up to the expectations as a freshman but has projectable skills. He's 6'8" 205 with a 7'1" wingspan and averaged 10/4/1 on 38% FG/35% 3FG/78% FT. Williams was 6'9" 185 with a 6'10" wingspan and averaged 11/5/2 on 37%/29%/80%. 

• Like 1

Leonard Miller (6'8.5" 211, 7'2" WS): 11.1 lane agility, 3.02 shuttle run, 3.36 3Q sprint, 30.0" standing vert, 36.5" max vert

Pascal Siakam (6'8.5" 223, 7'3" WS): 11.25 lane agility, 3.09 shuttle run, 3.41 3Q sprint, 30.5" standing vert, 36.5" max vert

Siakam was a 3 year college player and 22 when he declared for the draft, Leonard Miller may make the jump straight from HS and will be 18 when/if he's drafted.

If the Jazz move back into the first I hope he's the pick.

Edited by NYRaider

Other tidbits:

• OKC tried to trade up to #1 last year to draft Evan Mobley, they're reportedly leaning toward taking Chet.

• Dyson Daniels is rising up draft boards after a strong combine, has been compared to Haliburton/Middleton.

• Jeremy Sochan has basically cemented himself as a late lottery pick. 

• The Knicks are exploring moving up to potentially draft Jaden Ivey.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Dyson Daniels is rising up draft boards after a strong combine, has been compared to Haliburton/Middleton.

Sorry to double quote you, but I’m on my phone. Are they saying Daniel’s is like a cross between Haliburton and Middleton? Those guys aren’t really similar enough for a comparison, IMO.