2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Out of all the people in the draft, the ones I can see being a Durant/Ja/Tatum like star are Sharpe and Griffin.  I don't think any of the bigs touch the Giannis/Embiid/Jokic level.

But Ivey's the closest thing to Ja we've seen, so I don't understand where you're getting your take from. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Purdue's offense didn't do him any favors. They play at a very old school, methodical pace. 

That is true, and could explain why I felt that way about his game with the square peg/round hole effect.  Can't deny the athleticism.

Just now, beekay414 said:

But Ivey's the closest thing to Ja we've seen, so I don't understand where you're getting your take from. 

All I have to base it off of, the 3-4 Purdue games I watched this year where I was never blown away.

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Purdue's offense didn't do him any favors. They play at a very old school, methodical pace. 

Absolutely. When they had that stiff on the floor (the big goon), it made no sense to have Ivey on the floor with him. Dude just clogged the lane and took away from Ivey's strengths. I absolutely cannot wait to see Jaden in the NBA with the spacing. He's going to thrill.

I'll freely admin my takes may be quite wrong, I have a limited picture about all these guys.  I'm not studying up or analyzing past games.  I watched a lot of college basketball live, and that's where most of my opinions are formed.  I actually have sought out info on Sharpe because we didn't have that college experience.  His level of competition and experience are major red flags, I won't knock any team for wanting a pick with more data points, I just feel like he will be worth the risk based on what i've seen/heard/read.

Just now, beekay414 said:

You could watch 3-4 games of every single prospect in this draft and not come away blown away. 

I look at traits more than games anyway. Colleges don't do these prospects any favors. I believe someone mentioned Duke's crap defense too. 

• Like 1

Ivey and Sharpe are both perfect fits next to Cade for different reasons so, regardless, they should be able to land a stud at 5.

Ivey because of his ability to take pressure off Cade as another ball handler, Sharpe because of his ability off the ball to hit shots and make teams pay for losing him both at the hoop and from distance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You could watch 3-4 games of every single prospect in this draft and not come away blown away. 

Not like i'm saying he's bad, just that I didn't see a superstar.  I didn't see the next Ja Morant.  He'd be a great pick for the Pistons.  Not so much for the Rockets or Kings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I look at traits more than games anyway. Colleges don't do these prospects any favors. I believe someone mentioned Duke's crap defense too. 

And K's moronic short bench when his roster is filled with talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Absolutely have to look at traits more than game film unless said player made the right decision and landed in a system that showcases his abilities, which is extremely rare. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I saw a ton of Duke this year because they were on all the time.  Griffin had wow moments for me like nobody else in the NCAA last year.  That injury history will absolutely keep him out of the top 5 though.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Other then his explosion attacking the basket, I'm not sure I really see Ja Morant.  Don't like the Oladipo comparison either.  Maybe a more explosive D'Angelo Russell?

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I get the upside that you think you're getting with Sharpe, but I can't see any way you take Sharpe over Ivey.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb3h6QbM6FqzLLQCWVrYV

My take may very well be a garbage take, and perhaps how Purdue limited his skill set is what threw me off.  I still believe it though.  This would be a fun thread to revisit in five years.

• Like 1